Sep 27, 2014

Smiles for miles


So far, 17 months is probably my favourite ‘age’ with Scarlet.  She is exhibiting a really cute and enthusiastic personality, she’s talking, and for the most part she’s just generally happy. Even last week when she was suffering from the cold that I gave her (which I felt horrible about), and teething her back molars at the same time, she was still a little spit fire of energy and joy.  She makes life so much fun.

Nate and I find ourselves laughing daily at her antics.  Dancing like a little salsa queen and trying out new words and food, meeting new people and just going right up to them and giving hugs and kisses!    It’s just so wonderful and crazy seeing this little person emerge.  Don’t get me wrong, we have had bad days (and longer) too, but for some reason at this stage it’s just been one of the easiest and enjoyable.

The decision to go back to work for me was actually a very hard one, but now being about a year and a half into ‘stay-at-home-mommy’ life, I wouldn’t change it for a second.  It’s these sweet days and smiles that would just be too much for me to go without.  I’m looking forward to this next year of Mat leave (when baby boy arrives) and then will re-evaluate the working thing…  although right now, the job of mommy is the best I’ve ever had.  

Kate 

XOXO

No comments: