Sep 18, 2014

Geek Chic

It was time.  In fact, it was time about four or five years ago if I’m being honest.  I needed new glasses, but for some reason had it in my head that my ‘blinged out’, thick rimmed, tiny Dior frames were still cutting the mustard.  They pulled my temple hair out every time I took them off and slid down my nose whenever I looked anywhere but straight ahead - but still, I thought they were doing the trick.

So Nate encouraged me to take the plunge and purchased some new frames for myself and they’ve kinda changed my life.  Here are a few shots of the new geek chic styles and I’ll be sure to take a few selfies and post in the 'Style' section to show you how they look on my mug. 
Cute tortoise frame


I love these brown RayBans - they go with everything.  They're a bigger and more rectangular look which I'm seeing everywhere.  'Vintage Hipster meets Modern MadMen character' is how I feel in them.  They're the 2015 design (how does that even happen?), so I definitely don't feel dated wearing them.

The ones in the pic below were a little bit harder to convince me about.  I originally wanted some black (VERY black) frames but as soon as I put these on, Nate and all of the sales people in the shop kept ooooing and ahhhing over the 'shape' of the frames on my face - so I succumbed to the peer pressure.  The colour also threw me for a bit of a loop.  The pics don't show it so well, but the colour is actually a dramatic purplish grey, which I would never have picked.  But after getting them, I LOVE them.  So fun and not to mention they are Dolce & Gabbana!  I've never owned anything from this label so I feel extra fancy.



Probably won't ever use this to clean my frames - maybe just to stare at ;)  haha.

Kate 
XOXO


No comments: