Jul 30, 2014

24 Weeks Pregnant

Weekly Pregnancy Update

How far along are you?
24 weeks which is also 6 months.  BABY IS VIABLE!

How are you feeling?
I feel great.  It’s such a relief getting to this stage in the pregnancy.  My new goal is 28 weeks and I’ll know so much more at my next ultrasound tomorrow.

Any weight gain? 
2 pounds for a total of 13 pounds putting me at 128 which is lovely!  I’ve never been happier seeing the scale go up - I just want this little guy to flourish in there.  Right now, there are few things that make me happier than another indication that he is growing and thriving.

New symptoms?
Not much, just getting a little bit more uncomfortable with the growth in belly size which is great.

General mood?
  Pretty happy again ;)  We've been playing around with Boys names and it's been awesome calling the little prince some of the choices we've been thinking of.  Boys names are HARD!  I think I've mentioned before that I love strong, solid, classic boys names that have nickname options.  Trendy isn't really something I like (since it will go out quickly) and unusual names sometimes feel like parents are stretching too hard to be unique.  But there is also the teacher factor that I have to consider.  Nate will suggest something and I will say; 'oh, no I'm sorry babe - taught a (insert boy name here) and there is no chance I'm naming my first born son after him'.  So all in all, it's been tricky but so fun.

Gender?
BOY!

What foods are you craving?
I wanted a Vietnamese sub last night really badly but didn’t end up getting one.  Must have been the salt…

  Do you miss anything?
Sleeping on my stomach.  I’m over the wine thing and I’ve been having some ‘fake’ sushi - dynamite and California rolls

Sleep?
This past week hasn’t been great - I think t.v right before bed is affecting it a little.  I’m going to start reading again before bed.

Working out?
Zero

Best moment this week?
When my sister-in-law came over with my nephew Charlie all the way from Vancouver!  She is so awesome.  She brought Starbucks and a birthday present for me and a gift for Scarlet!  Like - wha?!  So spoiled.  It was such a wonderful morning.  Also, Nate has been taking time off of work to be with us and help me out during the day.  We go to the beach regularly as a family.  I just get to sit around and take pictures of the two of them.  It is so wonderful.

What are you excited about?
Obviously the ultrasound - I just need to see my precious boy.  I’m also looking forward to some East Indian tonight!  Our new nanny (who is from India) has offered to cook us dinner!  AUTHENTIC BUTTER CHICKEN!  I feel like the luckiest fam jam in the world.  She has been really great but depending on the results of tomorrow at the hospital we may or may not keep her on.  It’s strange - I love her and her help, but occasionally Scarlet acts out and refuses to play with her.  She’ll run to me and get frustrated if the nanny is doing something for her.  It’s hard.  I have to sneak out and give them time and space to connect.  But overall it has been really nice having some professional help.

Kate

xoxo

No comments: