Jul 6, 2014

Taking a little break


My sweet girl and my baby boy bump

I just love this picture.  Nobody is done up extra special in anyway, in fact I think I just woke up from a nap here, but I just adore this shot that Nate took of Scarlet, baby boy and I.  I asked Scarlet for a hug and she just went right in there and hung on for a good minute.  It was a love hug to her baby brother.

This has been a hard week for our family.  Not only did our long family kitty cat ‘Kassy’ have to be put down, which was devastating in itself, but I also had some bleeding that sent me to the hospital.  I struggled with writing about what happened on the blog, but believe that the more prayers and positive thoughts that came our way the better.

Although our son looks 100% healthy and perfect, the placenta has separated ever so slightly away from the uterus.  At 20 weeks, the doctors have said that this could be is a serious complication as it could continue to separate, reattach or stay the same at it is now.  We also have learned that there is a tiny blood clot in-between the placenta and uterus that could irritate my body into early labour contractions.  Obviously, this is terrifying as there is such a small chance that he would survive.

I had a horrible melt-down cry fest, like: oh-dear-I-know-this-is-ugly-crying-but-I-can’t-stop-it-from-coming-out but I let myself have that one day and I’m moving on from it.  My Mom came over to the house and one happened then and of course as soon as I saw Nate I just lost it in his arms.  He let me wet his shoulder really well.  Since then, I’ve just been saying to myself: nope, my history is not my future and I’ve got to stay positive for this baby boy and my mental health and my daughter and my husband.

I am on a type of bed rest where I’m allowed to be out of the hospital, but I have to take it very easy and rest/sleep not pick anything up, bend over, etc until more tests are run next week.  If you are able to, I know our little family would love any positive prayers or thoughts.  It would be greatly appreciated and I know the power of prayer is huge.  I myself have been reaching deep to find that connection with my God and leaning big time on Him.  I know He has our sweet babe in His hands protecting him every single day so I trust the He will allow me to take him to full term so that we may meet him and bring him up in His name.  

I’ll keep an update on the situation.  Unfortunately, I’ll have to take a little bit of a break away from the Style, Eats and Glam sections of the blog but in the end, it will all be worth it.  I’m confident and hopeful that with God this little man is going to be just fine.

No comments: