Jul 12, 2014

Not so bad...


‘Bed rest’ isn’t sooooo awful when you have a good book and this little number to help you keep track of time.  I was so excited and surprised to receive this gorgeous watch from Nate for my birthday this year.  It’s gold which is something that I’ve just started to collect (so he really listens).  I just find I have a ton of white gold and silver that I wear all the time so it’s nice to be able to change things up a bit.  I feel like the gold is also extra summery and beachy and really brings out a tan!  As for the book - well, it is a page turner that’s for sure but it is also quite unsettling.






The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters was given to me by my Mother-in-Law to read as one of my summer novels.  I won’t lie though, some moments are definitely suspenseful and dare I say scary, but, it’s more of a suspenseful, gothic drama than a horror.  I don’t usually DO these types of books, but this one kept me turing pages which was a good sign.  Yes - it’s gripping.  If you’re wanting a quick and fun read keep this baby on the back burner. The themes of the book are two strong and obvious ones: Evil and Class.  The protagonist is a male doctor who sets out to assist a once very wealthy family in a postwar England setting.  Romantic, edgy, freaky and a little addicting.  I’d say read it if you’ve got a week or two to kill this summer.

On another note, how fun would it be to start a book club?  My mom has been a part of one for nearly 15-20 years!  Awesome.  Anywho, just an idea.  I’m just putting it out there into the universe, I’d love to be a part of one too or when the time is right even start one!  Ahhh, the possibilities with the time I have right now...


No comments: