Jul 9, 2014

21st week Pregnancy Update

Weekly Pregnancy Update

How far along are you?
21 weeks

How are you feeling?
Anxious.  Nervous.  Edgy and occasionally irritated.  I know it all stems from fear but I’m working hard to resist the temptation to let it take over me.

Any weight gain? 
From all the stress this week I unfortunately have not put on any weight.  I know this is bad and I’m also working on it.  Docs say I’m small for pregnancy time frame and our sweet babe is measuring slightly small too.  I’m not panicking about it too much - Scarlet was measuring small for her entire pregnancy so I figure Nate and I just make petite babes.  Plus, the best things come in small packages.  0 pounds gained for a total of 9 pounds keeping me at 124.

New symptoms?
Abdominal pressure, itchy belly, headaches and major backache.

General mood?
Don’t really know how to answer this one this week.  I’m kinda all over the place.  It’s been a roller coaster in my head.  

Gender?
It’s a BOY!  Which I’m still so excited about.  I just keep envisioning him and his sweet face.  We are also almost 100% set on his amazing name so I keep saying it to myself over and over.  He’s fine, he’s perfect, my little prince is doing so well.    

What foods are you craving?
Nothing this week.  I wanted East Indian for my birthday dinner so that was a good sign.  I also forced myself to eat a ton of it and our baby boy just went wild with kicks afterwards.  I guess he likes it too!

  Do you miss anything?
The normalcy of not thinking about my placenta every two minutes.
I miss running after Scarlet.  
I miss swooping her up and dancing with her to our Salsa music.
I miss taking her for walks in the morning.  
I could go on but this is making me kinda sad - I guess writing this I’ve been caught in a bummer mood.

Sleep?
Crazy enough has been good.  I’ve been journalling before bed which helps.  Nate and I always have a super long conversation before we fall asleep and lately he gives me a pep talk about how the rest is for our son.  I also pray and prayer has worked wonders for me.  I'm calmer, more confident and feel like I can give someone else this problem to worry about if only for a few minutes - which actually helps.  Sometimes I fall asleep mid-prayer but it’s all good.  I know God gets it…

Working out?
Currently, my regime is antithetic to a work out.  I’m so far from it at this point but I don’t care.  I’ll do anything in my power to bring this baby into the world safely and whatever I can physically do for him is what will happen.    

Best moment this week?
Seeing our baby thrive on the ultrasound regardless of the bleeding that I had and the scary news about the possibilities from the doctors.  My birthday was also extremely fun and lovely.  I told Nate that I felt guilty for enjoying myself because I felt by not ‘thinking’ about the situation I had somehow stopped worrying and therefore stopped ‘fixing’ the issue.  But I’m not fixing anything by obsessing over it and worrying.  I know that.  I received some beautiful gifts from my family and Nate spoiled me just the right amount.  When I’m feeling up to it, I’ll post some pics of the really fun and pretty gifts.  

What are you excited about?
Daily kicks from the babe.  I’m also excited to see him again on Friday as now I will have major monitoring at the hospital on a weekly basis.  

Kate
xoxo



No comments: