Jul 2, 2014

20 week pregnancy update

Weekly Pregnancy Update

How far along are you?
20 weeks.  HALF WAY!

How are you feeling?
Good.  Bigger than last week for sure but good.

Any weight gain? 
2 pounds gained for a total of 9 pounds putting me at 124

New symptoms?
None

General mood?
Cheerful.  Content.  Giddy.  Ok, yes happy.  Trying to expand the good ole vocab.

Gender?
It’s a BOY!!!  I can’t believe how wild this is.  I think I’m still in shock.  As you can see in almost every one of my former weekly updates, I clearly thought this one was another girl.  Absolutely, 100% without a doubt.  One of my sister-in-laws said it is going to be so nice to have some variety in the family now and I totally agree.  It’s an honour to be baring the first Weiland Boy on Nate’s side of the family.  I know both sets of our parents are thrilled as well.  

What foods are you craving?
None this week.  Just regular food.

  Do you miss anything?
Sleeping on my stomach and white wine spritzers.

Sleep?
Has been good, can’t complain.

Working out?
Walks and squats.  

Best moment this week?
Finding out about our son!  Also, I went out for SUSHI with a friend on Monday night and it was AMAZEBALLS!  
I had all the ‘safe’ rolls aka the imitation crab and veggie ones with some tempura and seaweed salad.  It totally did the trick and I’ll be hitting up our local sushi bar again with Nate asap.

What are you excited about?
My birthday is coming up!  I’m also exciting about shopping for a little boy.  It’s like a whole new world has emerged!  I’ve already done a little and the pieces that I’ve bought are so soooo sweet.  I can’t believe how small newborn clothing is!  I’ll post pictures really soon.  I’m also really excited about picking out a boys name.  I want something unique but classic and edgy.  I know it’s a tall order but I’m determined to find something we love and something that I haven’t seen a billion times.  It’s hard naming kids in itself, but also being a teacher makes it even worse because of name association and how common a name can be.  I remember one year I had something like six different girls named Emily!  But we’re throwing around some different options and so far it’s been fun.  We won’t share the name before he is born, partly because I feel like I already share so much information on the blog and we also want to be confident in our choice.  You can’t please everyone and there are bound to be a few naysayers regardless of how awesome the name is so I just have to accept that Nate and I love it and that’s what is most important.   

Kate

xoxo

No comments: