May 21, 2014

14 week Pregnancy update

Weekly Pregnancy Update

How far along are you?
14 weeks

How are you feeling?
Really great.  It’s funny, the nausea is gone but smells are still bugging me a bit.  Like our pantry of food?  Still can’t even go in there to retrieve ingredients because it smells like onions.  I suspect by next week I’ll be totally good though.

Any weight gain? 
One pound total putting me at 116

New symptoms?
Very tender 'twins' that don’t like it when I lay down on my stomach.

General mood?
Happy!

Gender?
Scarlet and I talk about the new baby and everyday I show her my growing belly.  She points to my belly button, locks eye contact with me and declares ‘BABY!’.  Yesterday we were laying on the patio furniture outside and we were looking at my bump and I said to her; ‘Scarly, where’s the baby?’ and she diligently pointed to my belly button, looked into my eyes and then as clear as day said;
‘Baby, BOOOOOOOOOOYYYY’.
I couldn’t tell if that was a fluke or coincidence but it was wild!!!   I was excited and surprised - I would LOVE to have a son, but for some reason, I still think it’s a girl 100%

What foods are you craving?
Salty carbs as usual.  So boring I know.

  Do you miss anything?
I kinda miss going to the gym and I really miss all my Step friends.  I also miss my sister-in-law :(

Sleep?
Has been awesome.  Can’t complain.

Working out?
Walking outside with Scarlet and chasing her around the house.

Best moment this week?
Seeing our sweet babe on the ultrasound!  It looked like the little peanut was riding a bike.  It’s legs just kept going round and around like there was an invisible tricycle underneath.  It was sooooo adorable.  Results came back and all looks perfect.  We’re totally stoked.  

What are you excited about?
The ongoing development in our backyard, summer feels like it’s right around the corner.  Also strangely enough, going to a dermatologist appointment this thursday.  I haven’t seen one in years and need to discuss my dry itchy skin pretty badly.  

Kate
xoxo

No comments: