Oct 11, 2014

What's in my Hospital Bag?

What’s in my Hospital bag with Baby #2?


Yay!  We're getting closer!

I’m really excited to share what I’m taking to the hospital this time around.  Even though we still have about 5 and a half weeks before he officially arrives - he really could come at any point.  So, I thought it would be a good idea to get this bag packed because I have heard that the second baby can come much faster than the first - and Scarlet came VERY quickly.


So here we go!
I’ll start with the bag (which took forever to find).  I searched for three days online to no avail which was really frustrating.  I found something I liked but would be blocked by either shipping restrictions or shipping taxes.  I wanted a weekender bag that I could use after the hospital and something that would be big enough to house three of four days worth of clothing and toiletries.  
After the online challenges I went to two malls and countless shops to find something affordable, big and cute.  I ended up in Victoria Secret in the Pink section where they had many different colours to pick from.  For $70 bucks I was able to leave with this awesome quilted duffle which is much better than my first hospital bag last time.  Score!

My stuff is on the left and baby boy's stuff in on the right

Diapers, car seat quilt bag, soothers, onesies, socks, wipes, bibs, and a spare pillow case. 
These are the only new items that I haven't featured yet - soothers, swaddle blankets and the cute little newborn onesie.
 I thought I would give the Belly Bandit a try this pregnancy.  I had to work fairly hard last pregnancy to work off the baby weight - it didn't just 'melt off' like I had been told it would.  Even though I breastfed, it took about six maybe even seven months to get back to pre-pregnancy measurements.  I had been reading online about this tool and I thought what the heck, it can't hurt so I'm looking forward to giving it a go!


Toiletries!
Body lotion, dry shampoo spray, Nivea makeup remover, Pantene 2-1, Eye sauce and contact case, Venus razor (which I'm not totally sure I'll use), Exact face wipes, Stylize hair elastics, Lanolin nipple cream, Lash blast mascara, True Match foundation, Sugar lip balm, two foam triangles and a new little Quo makeup bag.  I won't be bringing too much makeup this time around because I just didn't wear it last time.   

Nails and Teeth!  Cutest little nail kit from Quo for $10.  Disposable toothbrush for Nate and one for me too with a small Crest toothpaste.  

 LOVE THE PACKAGING!
Hair.  

Sandals for the shower ;)  
CHECK THE SWOLLEN FEET!!!




A cute little travel pack of Michael Kors perfume.  I LOVE these three scents and although I probably won't be spraying too much at the hospital, it will be nice to have a little luxury scent here or there.  Heck, new Mommies need to feel pretty too!  Also, I am obsessed with perfume. 

I also packed some thin panty liners as the hospital ones are effective, but after about day two, you want to feel like you're out of a diaper if only for a few hours.  I also made sure to bring a pair of ear plugs for sleeping.  Although I do get a private room at the new hospital (YAY) which is different from last time, I wasn't sure if I would be bothered by beeping sounds or machines - better to be safe than sorry.

So we're packed and ready to go!  FIVE ISH WEEKS BABY!

Kate
XOXO



No comments: