Oct 29, 2014

37 weeks pregnant

Weekly Pregnancy Update

How far along are you?
37 weeks!

How are you feeling?
Beyond uncomfortable, but so happy to be so close.  I have found that a breech baby is so much more awkward to carry.  I really haven't ever in my life been so uncomfortable for so long.  I would choose natural childbirth sans drugs anytime vs. these extremely horrible feelings.  In my opinion, carrying breech has been really disagreeable with my body, but it's still worth it!

Any weight gain? 
None this week.  Doctors are concerned with the plateau in weight gain - especially from him.  :(  
I was told that both the ultrasound doc and my OB wanted to induce labour to allow for our babe to thrive on the outside.  If he wasn’t breech they would recommend and push for it.  Sooo, if that isn’t scary enough, they want a final choice about what we want to do next visit (a few days away).  Nate and I are going to be doing some major praying and brainstorming.  I’m pretty sure we have our best plan of action ready to go here with timing and dates and most importantly the safety of son in mind.
0 pounds this week for a total of 26 pounds keeping me at 141

New symptoms?
Just the most uncomfortable pressure under the right side of my ribs.  I feel like I have a gigantic bowling ball laying on my lungs and stomach.  It’s brutal.  I feel like I can’t breathe about 70% of the time.  When I lay down it feels like someone is sitting on me from my hips all they way up to my neck so I have to prop myself up when I sleep - I’m almost sitting which is really strange.  For someone who is severely claustrophobic, this is kinda the worst feeling.

General mood?
Fussy.  (Haha, that’s an understatement).  Like I said, I’m happy to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but oh man.  This pregnancy has put me through the ringer.  I’m seriously considering never going through this all again - this little boy might be the last time I do this unless I’m CRAYYYY ZEE.  But then again, I’ll probably see his sweet face and start praying for another pregnancy.  #causeimnuts

Gender?
BOY!  

What foods are you craving?
None.  I’ve been feeling less hungry this week, maybe because I have zero space to put any food.  

  Do you miss anything?
Breathing normally and all the other usual things like wine, black coffee, sleeping on my stomach.  But I had sushi again this week - nothing raw so it was mostly dynamite and California rolls but it really hit the spot.

Sleep?    
Surprisingly has been great, especially the last three nights.  I’ve only woken two or three times to go to the washroom and then have fallen right back asleep afterwards.

Working out?  
None.  Can’t wait to get back into it though.  It's going to be so awesome and needed.

Best moment this week? 
Playdate with my b.f.f Jenny and her boys.  They came over here and we had the best time.  She and I talked and talked and laughed and then talked some more.  She was so wonderful (as usual).  Always asking tons of questions and then offering the best options and suggestion about what she would do if she were me - it was so nice to hear her perspective which was basically exactly the same as mine.  HAHA!  Maybe that’s why we get along so well.  But seriously, if you have ever met her you feel like one of the most important people in the world.  Everyone who meets her loves her cause she’s just one of those girls.  Even though she is beautiful, comes from an amazing family, has a kick butt job (ON T.V), lives in a gigantic beautiful home with her perfect family and hubby she never brags or gloats or even hints that they are doing really well for themselves, AND she always asks about you and then listens to the answer afterwards - you can really tell she listens and cares.  Oh, and she's flipping hilarious.  Such fantastic qualities in that one.  kay just needed to gush about that.  

What are you excited about?
Meeting this precious boy.  As trying as this pregnancy has been, I know our huge gift from God is just waiting to emerge into our lives and make a footprint on this world and our family.  We cannot WAIT to meet him.

Kate
xoxo

No comments: