Aug 24, 2014

Our JOTI!

Our beloved Joti, but sometimes we call her Jasmine - only because she looks like the Disney character...not because she's East Indian.



Ok - again I went a little bananas prior to taking a picture of this absolutely delicious dinner and ate most of it.  I know I say this a lot because I’m such a food lover, but honestly, this butter chicken is the best Indian meal I have ever had.  Like - it totally trumps Moti Mahal (our all time favourite Indian restaurant that we’ve been going to for years).  It tastes like you’re eating the most delicious fancy meal straight out of the Taj Mahal in India, and you’re wearing a beautiful sari.  The rice alone!  I mean.  I’ve never had rice like this!  It’s like she puts a spell on it or something, or just lot's of fennel.  Ok, now I’m getting a little carried away, but seriously oh man.
 This dish and Joti are two very special treats in my life!
I had an entire plate and then realized - I DIDN'T TAKE A PICTURE!!!  So this is a little second helping.

We have Joti coming in about once or twice a week to help out.  She plays with Scarlet (so I can get a few things done around the house), cleans and cooks.  It is such a gift on the days that she is here.  I’m looking forward to next time as she has asked if she can do a vegetarian style dinner for us.  Ummmmmm, let me think about that…YUP! 


Kate 
XOXO

No comments: