Aug 6, 2014

25 weeks pregnant

Weekly Update

How far along are you?
25 weeks!  Thank you to all who have prayed for us, sent us positive thoughts and well wishes.  Oh - and food.  That’s also greatly GREATLY appreciated and delicious.  We are so thrilled to have made it thus far.

How are you feeling?
Really wonderful.  The ultrasound last week set my mind at ease in so many ways.  My mental well-being has definitely improved.  I know all parents say this but this little nugget is such a rockstar and a blessing.  The ultrasound showed that there has been no further separation of the placenta from the uterus but that it still exists.  The blood clot is also still there but is not causing any issues as of yet.  Although he is measuring very small (20th percentile) the doctors are not worried.  They continue to tell me ‘you are small, you make smaller babies’.  Scarlet was small too so I’m feeling somewhat calm about this.

Any weight gain? 
1 pound this week for a total of 14 pounds putting me at 129.  

New symptoms?
My Linea nigra has started to form (the dark line that begins to appear on your belly when things get larger).  My belly button has also started to flatten out which is such a funny thing for me.  I have a very prominent ‘innie’ when I’m not pregnant so it’s really weird seeing it flat like this.

General mood?
  Happy again  

Gender?
BOY! 

What foods are you craving?
I asked Nate to pick up those double chocolate chip muffins from Superstore.  You know - the ones that are so big you have to cut them in half to get your mouth around one of the corners?  haha.  I ate half of one yesterday and felt so full I thought I was going to explode.  So awesome.

  Do you miss anything?
Back to missing wine! hahaha.  It’s like when my mood improves I want to relax with a pinot gris.

Sleep?
Pretty good, just not long enough.  Scar is waking up at 6:30 these days!!!  This is such a change for her.  We’re used to her sleeping from 7:30pm till about 7:30am!  I guess it isn’t too bad, I just love that extra hour in the morning. 

Working out? 
I started walking again this week!  I’ve been taking Scarly out on very mild and easy strolls around the wetlands of our neighbourhood.  It has been so nice just to get out of the house!  I bring my cell phone with me every time in case anything weird happens and I make sure I don’t push it or go too long.  I’m keeping this boy inside as long as humanly possible.  

Best moment this week?
Hearing the doctor say; ‘All is well, just keep doing what you’re doing’.

What are you excited about?
SEEING MY NIECES!!!  My two little sweet nieces and their momma Robin (another one of my sister-in-laws) are in Calgary and will be spending two days and a night with us.  I’m beyond pumped to see these cuties and watch all three little girl cousins interact and have fun together.  Stay tuned for some cute pics of the girls - this mom is going to be going a little crazy with the camera I think ;)

Kate
xoxo



No comments: