Aug 27, 2014

28 weeks pregnant

Weekly Pregnancy Update

How far along are you?
28 weeks!  

How are you feeling?
Pretty good.

Any weight gain? 
No weight gain this week.  Total of 18 pounds so far keeping me at 133

New symptoms?
Glucose intolerance.  
I took the gestational diabetes pre-screening test and was told that I needed to do the second 
more intense test.  After completing the;

 drink-orange-syrup-every-hour-for-three-hours-while-I-poke-you-many-times-with-needles-and-make-sure-you-fast-for-a-day-beforehand-exam,

 I learned that the placenta is effecting the way that my body metabolized sugars into my system.  A possible complication is that the baby will be too large for delivery (SOOOO not a concern at this point), but the precautions must still be implemented.  So, unfortunately for the rest of the pregnancy, I will have zero sugar, minimum simple carbs and small meals every two-three hours.  Ok, I can do that.  But already, I can tell that with the change in my diet, weight gain and fundal measurements will be affected.  
This whole scenario was a surprise as I had no issues with any of this in my first pregnancy, but all along, the placenta has been a concern so I guess I shouldn’t be too shocked. 

General mood?
Still pretty darn happy.  
   
Gender?
BOY!

What foods are you craving?
nothing really.  With the change in diet, I find I’m unusually fuller for way longer.  Complex carbs are pretty good and tasty.  I especially like the Ezekiel sprouted bread!  

  Do you miss anything?
hmmmm.  Not really this week.  The weather is back to being beautiful so we’ve been out and about.  Actually, I miss my best friend Jenny.  She and her famjam have been up at the cabin for a few weeks and I’m needing some time with her.  Fortunately, we have a dinner date planed.  YAY!

Sleep?    
Really good.  You won’t hear me complaining.

Working out?  
Scar and I walk in the morning or go run errands, enjoy the park, the beach, a play date etc, and then we all walk as a family every night after dinner.  I’ve been given the ok to do this so I’m taking full advantage!

Best moment this week? 
Seeing my daughter full-on run towards me (with serious speed I might add), and then right into my arms for the first time.  It was so special.  She is now doing it to Nate too and it’s amazing to watch her run so fast and just plunge with full trust into his body.

What are you excited about?
-Decorating the nursery (that’s happening very soon)
-My sister-in-law coming in Sept with my nephew
-I’m excited about fall this year.  The gorgeous leaves, the scented candles, the new clothes and it’s all bringing us closer to the due date.  YAY!  I change out house pillows, decorations and our flower planters with seasonal items so I’ll have to go shopping to keep things seasonally current.  
hmmmm, poor me.  Haha. 

Kate
xoxo



No comments: