Feb 2, 2015

3 Months Post-Partum

12 weeks POST-PARTUM

How are you feeling? 
Kinda bummed.  We made the very difficult decision to forgo the vacation with my family and instead wait a month and go with Nate’s parents to Mexico.  It was for the simple fact that the timing was better with the latter.  My fam left yesterday and will be there for a week.  I’m so happy that they will have a blast but sad that we won’t be a part of it.  It was just too soon for us.  Also, Scarly was too light to receive the Twinrix needle this time so I didn’t want to be worrying about contracting hep a and b constantly.  So we'll get her that in a few weeks and she'll be set for life in that sense.  sigh.  Timing really is everything.

Sleep?
Better and better each week!  Also another reason we decided against the trip right now.  We’ve just started to get into a very nice evening rhythm that I don’t want to mess up.

My Nutrition?
Red wine and cheese have been staples this week (hence the annoying plateau in my weight loss).

 Any weight loss?
0 pounds this week for a total of 24 pounds keeping me at 119 which I should probably be fine with but I’m really eager to resume the 115 I was pre-pregnancy.  I think this is the third week with no loss so again I’m stepping up the intensity.  Check out Wed's post for a ramped up plan showing what I’ll do to lose them.

Best moment this week?
It’s so sad but the best part of my week was sitting down in front of the t.v with JUST Nate and eating popcorn and watching a movie while the babes slept.  Yah - it was that type of week.

 How is Scarlet coping?
True champ.  The poor girl ate too many strawberries and the acid from the fruit literally burned her bum when she had a bowel movement.  Her little cheeks were fire truck red but she had a few whimpers about it saying ‘Poopie Ouch!’ and then did her best to forget and keep up her super energetic mood and excited personality.  Btw, she is talking so much these days.  We have to be really really careful because she repeats everything we say and in the same tone too!  It’s awesome.

Baby Will?
Has been eating every two hours non-stop!!!  Growth spurt anyone?

His weight?
He’s gotta be at least 12 pounds by now.  

His disposition?
Smiley.  All day everyday except when he’s grunting.

What are you looking forward to?
The cleaners coming today!!!  Haha.  Also, Jenny and I (my BFF) are getting together again THANK GOODNESS!!!

Fourth Trimester Rulebook: I will do my best to implement these rules for the next three months.

1. I will be kind to myself, my mental well-being, my body and my heart.

2. I will do my best to let go of the cleanliness of our house.

3. I will ask for help and ask often.

4. I will do my best to sleep or rest when the baby sleeps.

5. I will resist the urge to feel guilty when I am not with Scarlet and Nate.  I will value and cherish my time with sweet baby William. 


6. I will not workout or be physical ;) for at least 6 weeks

No comments: