Feb 14, 2015

Happy Valentine’s day everyone!
It’s love day!!!  Muwah!  Feb 14th, one of the most commercialized days of the year, but we embrace it!  What other day can you successfully mix the colours red and pink?!
This year Nate and I agreed to forgo the chocolate and candy since we are going to Mexico pretty quickly here.  Instead, he purchased tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s production of: Kurios!  #cirquedusoleil.  I couldn’t be happier or more excited.
Date night is about a billion times more appealing than Cadbury.
This was a little something that I got for him that he can wear when we go to the show. Haha!
You're welcome...

A very special love letter and a few new pairs of boxer briefs.

I also wanted to keep up a little tradition that my Mom started with us when we were tweens.  She gave us little gifts on Valentine’s day and it felt so special because whether or not we had significant others as young people, it was so nice to receive something special from my Mom on the day that it typically meant for ‘lovers’.  I would argue that it is meant to celebrate love, so I too will buy my little kiddies some cute treats every Feb.14th to remind them of my love.
Here’s what I decided on this year!

For Scarly:
 In honour of her new little pigtails - a sweet stuffed piggy with wings!  Seriously, I thought that her hair would never come in, but the pigs flew!

 Cute herringbone TOMS.  Grey and pink, definitely her colours.

For Will:
  Charcoal converse size 2.

 He's absolutely an All-Star at keeping us awake at night.  ;)

A few little t-shirts and a waffle from American Apparel

Since the kids don't eat candy (yet) these gifts probably won't be all that exciting.  But after giving Scarly the piggy this morn (which she loved) I asked her 'What is the piglet's name?  
She looked at me with the biggest smile and said 'Oinky'.

Haha!

Hope you all have a special someone to say 'I love you' to whether it's a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, mother, father, sister, brother or fur baby!  Enjoy this special day.
XOXO

No comments: