Feb 9, 2015

Lucky 13!

Scarlet admiring her little bro.

Lucky 13 weeks POST-PARTUM

How are you feeling? 
Great!  I love the fact that Valentine’s Day is coming up.  I plan on spoiling my hubby and my kids with little treats and ridiculous amounts of love.  

Sleep?
Slight set back this week - we were on a nice roll there for a while but Will’s sleep patterns regressed back to two night wake-ups.  

My Nutrition?
Pretty good this week.  I’ve been watching portions a bit more than I used to which I know
 will help with future body confidence.

 Any weight loss?
1 pound this week for a total of 25 pounds putting me at 118.  

Best moment this week?
House shopping with Nate and the kiddies.  No we’re not moving (yet), I just have a passion for gorgeous homes and so does Nate.  We’re just getting ideas.

 How is Scarlet coping?
She’ll tell you: ‘Good!  Yay!  Big sister!’  She looked me right in the eyes and said 'I love you' to me right after waking up and it just about melted me completely.  I almost broke down in tears.  She’s talking non-stop!

Baby Will?
He had what I thought was a bunch of dry skin on his temples and cheekbones.  Both Nate and I suffer from eczema so I called Health Link to ask what I could put on newborn skin (besides olive oil since that wasn’t working).  Health Link booked us an appointment with an after hours Doctor's office and we saw someone that evening!  Amazing.  He said that it wasn’t dry skin but the same type of thing as cradle cap that babies sometimes get on their head.  He gave us some lotion that I’ve been putting on daily so we’re hoping that helps.  Other than that he’s splendid!  3 Months old on the 10th!  Wowza.

His weight?
13 1/2 pounds!  He was weighed on Thursday before we saw the doc.  

His disposition?
He’s in a sleep chapter of his life right now - he sleeps almost all day (wakes for about 45 min every two to three hours) which is wicked.  The only thing is, he wants to be held when he’s sleeping.  Makes getting things done hard.  He’s still up twice every night except for last night when he only woke once.  Whoo hoo!

What are you looking forward to?
MEXICO!!!  Less than a month and we’ll be there!  Really can’t wait to get onto a beach.

Have a great week friends!

Fourth Trimester Rulebook: I will do my best to implement these rules for the next three months.

1. I will be kind to myself, my mental well-being, my body and my heart.

2. I will do my best to let go of the cleanliness of our house.

3. I will ask for help and ask often.

4. I will do my best to sleep or rest when the baby sleeps.

5. I will resist the urge to feel guilty when I am not with Scarlet and Nate.  I will value and cherish my time with sweet baby William. 


6. I will not workout or be physical ;) for at least 6 weeks

No comments: