Feb 25, 2015

Fancy Fishtails













The fishtail - my absolute favourite hairstyle when I was coming into my early tweens.  I must have been about twelve when I was first introduced to it.  I was at church camp (Camp Valaqua - a fantastic facility and program.  Our kids are absolutely spending some of their summers there).  Anywho, my CIT aka ‘councillor-in-training’ asked me if I wanted a cool new hair style for the day.  I was so thrilled!  She sat me down and ‘fishtailed’ my then very very long blonde hair down my back.  I felt like a total princess all day long.  I knew all the other girls wanted to get their hair into a fishtail too so I got the CIT to teach me so I could braid some and then we could all have them! 
 Fast-forward ten years (cough cough) and here is my version of a baby meets mommy fishtail.  I’ve still been practicing my braiding skills for Scarly’s ever growing hair.  Hopefully I'll just continue to improve...  

Have a great day friends!
Kate

XOXO


No comments: