Feb 20, 2015

ELSA HAIR!!! (kinda)







Well first off, you’ll have to excuse the extremely awkward bathroom selfies that I took here - I’m actually sitting on the edge of the bathtub.  But it was the only place that I could take the pics while the kids slept upstairs that wasn’t going to be too disruptive.  

Also, forgive the sparse simple black cami that I’m wearing in the shots too - I was super hot from nursing Will just a few minutes earlier and took off most of my layers…

So now that we have THAT out of the way.  Since Scarlet starting growing hair (WHHHHOOOOO HOOOOOOO!), I thought I better brush up on my braiding skills so that I could properly do her hair when it gets long enough.  I personally don’t love a braid on myself (that’s why I never do them) but think they are just adorable on little girls.  So everyday, I’m practicing various ‘styles’ on my own mane with the hopes that I’ll get really good for when the time is right.  Here’s my ‘ELSA’.  It’s just a dutch french braid pulled out on top.  I think it’s pretty close to the Disney version but that girl must be wearing some extensions or something because the tips of her hair are THICK!  Haha.  

Btw,  I was sooooo excited to show Scarlet when she woke up from her nap!  I was totally thinking that she was probably going to call me Elsa or ‘Pretty’ or something.  Well, I went into her room and she didn’t even bat an eye.  She looked at me and said ‘Milkshake please mommy…’.  I was so disappointed.  

And, just cause I was feeling extra girly today, I answered the 73 Questions found on the fourthreads.com blog.  Super fun to do!  
  1. What's the first thing you notice about someone when you meet them? Their eyes
  2. What's your favourite Beyonce song?  Irreplaceable 
  3. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate!!!  
  4. Favourite type of flower? Light Pink ranunculus’ 
  5. What toppings do you put on your pizza? I love it all but I like the pineapple pepperoni combo - trust me - try it asap. 
  6. What city were you born in? Calgary!!!
  7. What city do you spend the most time in? Calgary
  8. Favourite city? Paris
  9. Favourite movie? Girl Interuppted
  10. What's the greatest invention? The bed.
  11. Mexican or Italian? Italian
  12. What's the craziest hairstyle you ever rocked? Braids, but not the mexican braids you get at the resort.  I’m talking about the ghetto thug life braids hip hop girls rock.  I need to find a picture of it…
  13. What was your first dance song at your wedding?  You are so beautiful - Joe Cocker
  14. Hotdog or hamburger? Hamburger
  15. Thanksgiving or Christmas? This is a joke right?
  16. Are you allergic to anything? Ignorance.  But it really is bliss.
  17. What's your favourite colour? Pink
  18. What's your biggest fear? Elevators, being stuck on a plane sitting on the tarmac and a zombie apocalypse.  
  19. What was your first car? A blue van with wood siding.
  20. Favourite workout? I love them ALL!  But probably running really fast and BodyStep
  21. What's the most meaningful gift you ever received? My engagement ring
  22. What three traits do you look for in your husband? Faithful, hard worker, makes me laugh
  23. Who's the last person you called? My husband
  24. How tall are you? 5’6
  25. Any tattoos? Nope
  26. Do you have a favourite animal? I love Bambi
  27. What's something you miss? The beach
  28. Zodiac sign? Cancer (I like the sign but can we come up with a new name?)
  29. Do you wear contacts? Yup
  30. What's your favourite time of the year? SUMMER!!!
  31. Stay-cation or african safari? African safari
  32. Who's your fashion icon? hmmm.  I like the way Kate Hudson dresses for awards shows.
  33. Place you want to visit? India
  34. Who was your first crush? Bob off of Sesame Street.
  35. Favourite piece of jewelry? Diamond earrings (which were also my push present)
  36. Do you have any siblings? Three brothers and three sister-in-laws.
  37. What colour are your eyes? Green 
  38. Restoration Hardware or West Elm? RH
  39. Where did you go to Uni? The University of Calgary
  40. Why did you start a blog? To vent (haha) and have fun.
  41. How long does it take for you to get ready in the morning? 10 min.  I need to write a post about this…
  42. Who was the last person to text you? Nate
  43. Finish this sentence…I'm really bad at ___ : Parking. 
  44. What's one thing your really good at?  Dancing and breastfeeding.  I could probably do them at the same time too.
  45. What's your favourite smell? It sounds sick but my husbands armpits.  He seriously doesn’t stink - he actually smells amazing there! 
  46. What was the last thing you splurged on? Another clothing haul for myself.  Yesterday I spent a fair amount online cause thankfully my clothes aren’t totally fitting anymore.  Whoo hooo post-baby body!
  47. What's an accessory you've had for ages? A fancy black beaded clutch my mom gave me.
  48. Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus? Nordstrom
  49. Favorite family heirloom? My memories
  50. Favourite actress? Angelina Jolie
  51. Leather or lace? Leather
  52. Velvet or fur? Faux-fur
  53. Vintage or new? New
  54. Polkadots or stripes? STRIPES all the way.
  55. What would you never wear? Bell bottoms and a jumpsuit.
  56. What are a few items that you always have in your bag? Diapers.
  57. What are you reading right now? The Bible (no seriously I am) New Testament start to finish.
  58. What's the best vacation spot? Anywhere on the water but mostly Kauai
  59. What country have you always wanted to visit? Morroco
  60. What's the best part about your job? The teenagers.  Oh my goodness I miss them.
  61. What's your favourite cocktail? Stolli blueberry with water and a lemon and/or a white riesling.
  62. Beer or wine? Wine
  63. For water, sparkling or flat? Flat
  64. Coffee or Tea? Coffee!!!  Never tea - sorry.  It’s like dirty water.
  65. Favourite food? Sushi or spicy Indian
  66. Least favourite food? Ethiopian.  I was feeling adventurous with a friend and we went together and ended up not eating much of anything.  
  67. Favourite desert? Chocolate cake
  68. What's your guilty pleasure? Reality TV
  69. What have you learned from your husband? Patience and how to be calm.
  70. What movie did you cry the hardest: The Notebook, it gets me every time
  71. Best fashion secret? Less is more
  72. Beauty product you can't live without? Concealer 
  73. Favorite animal print: Leopard
Hope you guys have a fantastic FRIDAY!!!
Kate
XOXO

No comments: