Apr 21, 2014

Weekly Update #9

Weekly Pregnancy Update

These are the top questions I was asked on a regular basis when I was pregnant with Scarlet - there were really no limits to the lack of privacy that people thought they were free to go to when I was pregnant - at least that’s what I found.  But after a while I just let it go and told myself that they were just curious and trying to make conversation.  So, I thought it would be fun to do a weekly update here on the blog and hopefully many of these questions will be answered for you.

How far along are you?
9 weeks

How are you feeling?
So unbelievably nauseous it is insane.  I can barely look at, smell or think about food.  It’s honestly so bad.  Poor Nate has had to cook and eat his food out in the garage some nights cause I can’t take it.  I haven’t taken any meds because I’m paranoid that something will go wrong but man have I been close to downing some serious drugs.   

Any weight gain? 
I’m actually really sad to say that I’ve dropped 2 pounds this week putting me at 114.  I know this is awful and dangerous and I’m trying to do everything in my power to combat this.  I even asked Nate to take me to A&W to attempt to eat something.  The only thing I can even fathom putting into my system right now are salty carbs so that’s what we’re going with.  This is so unlike me.  Anyone who really knows me will be surprised at this - especially since in Scarlet’s pregnancy I was all about the sweets and couldn’t even think of salty meat or carbs.  So different!

New symptoms?
A bit of heartburn here and there.

General mood?
Pretty miserable to be honest.  I want so badly to be healthy for this baby and I’m finding it such a physical and mental struggle.  It’s ruining my mood but I’m trying hard to find the positive.

Gender?
I think girl.  But again I dreamt it was a boy.


What foods are you craving?
It’s very rare that I’m eating but when I absolutely have to get something in - it’s salty carbs.


Do you miss anything?
My appetite.  My healthy food.  Working out.  Having energy.  

Sleep?
  Has been pretty good.  Just ordered the new bed and mattress so it’s about to get way better!

Working out?
HAHA.  See week 8.

Best moment this week?
Seeing our little peanut on the ultrasound monitor today!!!  I burst into wonderful happy tears as Nate squeezed my hand.  It was so beautiful.  We saw his/her heartbeat and everything looks amazing.  We even learned that the egg came from the left ovary (according to the technician).  Pretty incredible.  I was so nervous and anxious about this ultrasound because of our history but we’re on the right track with this one and I couldn’t be more thrilled.  OMG I’M GOING TO BE A MOMMY TO A SECOND LITTLE SWEETHEART!  

What are you excited about?
Everything.  I’m excited for the nausea to go away, I’m excited to eat my face off in another few weeks and I’m excited to go out with my girlfriend Tasha on Friday night for dinner (I know), and Theatre Calgary night!  We both so deserve it - especially her as she’s an amazing Mommy to 3 awesome kiddos!!!  I can only hope that happens for us one day.  




I do love wine and I have had a few girlfriends have a few sips here and there during their pregnancies but for me, this is just not ok.  I mean, a sip?  Oh honey no.  But on the flip side, my absolutely amazing husband who I can't praise enough right now OFFERED to go without alcohol for my entire pregnancy with me.  This was something totally of his own accord and to be honest if feels so nice having a partner in this part of the pregnancy.  I know I won't feel so left out and somewhat disappointed when I'm the only one not drinking.  He enjoyed his time when I was pregnant with Scar - a reliable DD for a whole 10 months, but now he's doing one little sacrifice for me, and it's huge.  Talk about an amazing man - this is just a small example.  

No comments: