Apr 21, 2014

Weekly Update #7


How far along are you? 
7 weeks

How are you feeling?
My lower back is KILLING me and I have bouts of nausea here and there throughout the day.  I'm tired but I've been napping almost everyday (thank goodness for two hour Scarlet naps because this is when I get it all in)

Any weight gain? 
1 pound for a total weight gain of 1 pound putting me at 116

New symptoms?
I had a headache for about two days and couldn't take anything to get rid of it.  That was not fun.  Also ragging hormones that have provided some nice chin acne.  

General mood?
I'm feeling a bit scared to be honest.  We miscarried in the first trimester the very first time we were pregnant and I always say to Nate that that event totally wrecked me for future pregnancies and it has.  It still effects my thoughts and feelings and every time I have a little painful twinge or cramp or anything really, I get super scared.  I don't know that I'll ever be able to get over the first one, but I'm trying to think very positive.  Somebody wise once told me that if you are thinking and dwelling about negative things, then in a way you are also praying for them to happen.

Gender?
I really feel like it's a boy this time around, but then again certain days I'm sure it's going to be another girl.

What foods are you craving?
Salty salt salt.  I don't understand it.  I wasn't like this the first time around at all.  It's so weird.  I'm eating things I would NEVER eat if I wasn't pregnant - like Ichiban!!!  The WORST thing you could possibly eat, but I just couldn't help myself.  The salty broth mixed with the salty noodles.  It was like drinking a big bowl of salt.  haha.  So gross now that I'm writing about it.

Do you miss anything?
Not really.

Sleep?
Has been on and off.  Some nights I'm totally out and others it's like I can't get cool or I can't warm up.  

Working out?
Totally honest - not once this week.  I feel like if I'm needing a two hour nap after running around Scar and building another human in my body than I shouldn't be working out as well.  I want to be safe and reasonable.  There will be lot's of time to do this second and third trimester.

Best moment this week?
Driving up to Lake Louise and spending time with my family.  We had brunch on Sunday and then just hung out around the gorgeous lake in the snow.  So pretty.

What are you excited about?
I'm really excited about Scarlet's first birthday party on Sunday.  I want it to happen so it can be over.  Haha.  No but really, the planning has been a bit overwhelming with being pregnant too.  It's like having three full time jobs all at once.

No comments: