Apr 28, 2015

Some of my favourite exercises

Moves that give you the best bang for your buck
(in my humble opinion)

If you’ve only got a few minutes to spare then here are some of the best moves to get a worthwhile mini workout.   Heart rate goes up and big muscles get worked - money.  These exercises were always included somewhere in the hour when I taught classes at the gym and are some of my favourites - at least when I have the motivation to get up off my tired butt and do them.  

Hope you enjoy!

Basic crunch 
I know the crunch gets a bad wrap sometimes but if done properly with thoughtful technique it can pack a good punch.

Knee taps 

 side plank on elbow
twist it down

side plank on hand

  twist it down (this one is harder)

V-sit (you can make this one more challenging by stretching your knees) 

Plank with leg lifts

Mountain Climbers

Stuff with the ball

Getting onto it is a total workout in itself.


 Reverse Jack-knife


Brazilian butt-lifts (with a baby doing the superman)


 Burpees




Weighted lunges


Pushups...
This is really the only way I enjoy doing this exercise.  He makes it fun…

STRECH!

cuddle and play...




I can’t say working out happens everyday, but it happens most days.  I'm trying hard not to have excuses even though I'm two kiddos deep.  If I'm being totally honest, I don’t get changed all the time -  sometimes I just do it in my everyday clothes.  But today, I got those gym clothes on and did some serious core.  As you can see, I got a little done without the baby, and then someone decided to wake up after a MICRO NAP and join me for a little ab work.  I just grabbed him, brought him out and kept going.  That’s what I just have to do!  Thankfully Scarlet stayed down or it might have been a micro workout.  It was super fun working out with Will and he made some of the moves WAY easier (pushups are more fun) and WAY harder - he’s gotta be at least 18 pounds by now.  

Hope everyone has a fantastic day and finds a few minutes to focus on themselves today.

Kate 
XO

No comments: