Apr 20, 2015

7 min makeup for moms with less than 10 minutes




My daily tools - not fancy, but I love them.


I slap this stuff on as a base.  It goes everywhere including my neck. (2 min)

This concealer goes under my eyes on my black bags. (30 sec)



Love the new bloom mascara by Cover Girl.  Again, not fancy but I love it. (1 min)


Powder over my entire face.  I use this to contour too if I have the time. I think I've been using this brand/colour for over ten years.  I just can't find anything that I like better.  (1 min)


Nude Liner and lipstick (1 min)



BLEND BLEND BLEND.  (2 min) 
I actually take a lot of time doing this for the natural look.  I used to wear really dark lipliner as a teenager growing up and I look at photos and kinda laugh to myself. I'm all about blending it in now.  
 Total: 7 minutes!

Raise your hand if you have more than thirty minutes to spare in the morning for yourself...

Ok - so, I'm extremely envious, jealous and a little bit bitter if you do.  

For the REST of us poor souls (most of us who are probably moms) we need to get down to business when we do find that precious 5-10 minutes a day of alone time.  Heck, I found myself nursing my son and going to the restroom at the same time - so much skill and so unhygienic at the same time.  

 I thought it would be fun to do a quick little summary of my basic, everyday makeup.  Keep in mind - I have WAYYY more makeup than what is pictured here, and use the extra 'nice' stuff on dates with the hubby or if I'm going to church, but I use these six items on days where I need to just slap something on so I don't look like I just walked off the set of The Strain.

I clocked myself this morning - 7 minutes.  I had to rush because my best friend was coming over with her two boys and the house still needed to be picked up.  This daily combo really is the golden ticket - I had three minutes to spare and I looked somewhat put together.  

I'm gonna be totally honest here as well and confess to the fact that I only wash my hair every three or four days.  EWWW!!! (says my jr. high self...  Ummmm, girl you have no idea what's gonna hit you in like fifteen years).  If my hair gets done, I feel like a million bucks but on the days that it doesn't I just use this AMAZING product.  By FAR, the best dry shampoo that I've ever tried - and trust me, I've tried a lot.  Here's a few pics of three day old hair with a healthy spray of Big Sexy Hair dry shampoo.

 (I'm laying down cause it was just too awkward taking a backwards pic of my head)



And to finish it all off - a fabulous fish/kissy face.  MWAH!!!


Have a great week friends and to all the mommies out there, I hope you get ten minutes to yourself today!!!

Kate
XO

No comments: