Jan 12, 2015

9 weeks Post Partum

How are you feeling?
Pretty darn good!  

Sleep?
Has been reasonable.  The stretches during the night are still at about a four or five hour stretch and he’s still up twice each night, but we’re getting there.  I should mention that I’ve figured out a way to sleep on my stomach!!!  I position the pillows just ‘so’ and I can do it!  Heavenly.

My Nutrition?
Better than last week.  I took pics (which are awful) but I’ll still post them.  I’ve been so rushed that I would forget to take the pic before scarfing down my food and then get half-way if not totally through it and then remember last minute.  I still took the pic though haha.

 Any weight loss?
1 pound lost this week for a total of 23 pounds putting me at 120.  Talk about consistent.  I think it's been like this the last four or five weeks.  geez.  Down to the last five pesky pounds and I’ll be at pre-preggo weight.  These will be the most annoying...

Best moment this week?
Going to church!  I know it sounds funny but I had/have been finding some aspects of attending church really challenging:

 a) how do you do it with TWO babes???, 
b) not feeling totally ‘fed’ after service, 
c) struggling with new leadership.  

BUT this past sunday was an absolute blessing for us as a family.  I don’t really know how to explain it, but I left feeling so happy and excited and eager to get back into worship again.  Something just clicked for me during the sermon.  I really felt the life and power of my saviour and haven’t felt that for some time in church.   I had been praying about it, and it didn’t seem like God was answering, but I’m really feeling like things are starting to turn around for the better.  He was listening and I know He loves me. 

 How is Scarlet coping?
 She’s teething, so this week was fun.  2-year molars are PAINFUL for kiddies.  But we had numerous sweet moment with Scarly and Will together.  I captured a few with her kissing Will’s face.  He was basking in the attention.

Baby Will?
Ok, so this little nugget is a total champ.  AGAIN he had to have his blood drawn for a Billy Ruben (sp?) test to determine if his Jaundice was declining.  We will get the results this week.  Also, he had a hip ultrasound because breech babies are all examined closely after birth for dislocated hips.  He had a doc appointment where they prided and poked and measured and took his weight (10pounds 9oz…COME ON 11 POUNDS), AND, he gets vaccinated this week!  Sheesh.  You’re born and it’s hardships right from the get-go! ;)

His weight?
I’m sure it’s up from the 10 pounds 9 oz taken on Tuesday.  We will have it measured tomorrow.

His disposition?
Happy happy happy.  Check it out:




This is him like 70% of the time - the other 30% he's usually grunting.  AHHAHAH!  but it's the truth.

What are you looking forward to?
Brunch on Wed with my B.F.F Jenny and all the kids!  Omg can’t wait.

Kate
XOX

No comments: