Dec 22, 2014

6 week post-partum update

6 Weeks POST-PARTUM

How are you feeling?
Overall really great.  Getting more sleep (thanks to suggestions for Will from my amazing Mom)and I’ve been cleared to start exercising (lightly).  I have the best plan in place for this and I’ll share it with you guys in the New Year!

Sleep?
Still dealing with both good nights and not so good nights.  I’ve come to realize that I’m a greedy sleeper.  If I don’t get those 8 hours, I can be a little testy.

My Nutrition?
Is really different now with two kids.  I try, but man it's a challenge even getting in the required amount of calories while nursing!  I will do a picture example in 'Eats' soon because of how random my meals are becoming.  

 Any weight loss?
1 pound lost this week for a total of 20 pounds lost putting me at 123

Best moment this week?
Seeing my sister-in-law Kelsey for the first time in almost a year and both of us crying in each other’s arms.  I love that girl.
Also, seeing my middle brother Paul and having him over before Xmas even begins!  This is the best season because of all the family time.

 How is Scarlet coping?
She was sooooooo adorable yesterday.  I put Will down on the couch face up and Scarlet walked over and said in her sweetest high pitched voice ‘HI!’ and then started to shake his hand/arm as if they were meeting for the first time.  She then took his soother (that had fallen out) and roughly stuffed it into his mouth.  #absolutelypriceless

Here's a pic of her while we were out grocery shopping...

Oooo look!  Breakable jam.  My fave.


Baby Will?
He totally completes our family.  Even taking the Christmas family pic this year, we just felt so ‘whole’.  It has been such a blessing meeting and enjoying this little soul.  
He had been struggling with some feeding (my let-down was coming way too fast and he was choking off/fussing) but after Mom’s suggestions things have been much better.  Other than that he has been a pretty perfect little baby.  My mother-in-law was holding him in her arms the other day and she burst into tears and said; ‘He is just so perfect.  He reminds me so much of Nathan as a baby and he was just the best baby’.


His weight?
He’s sitting at a hefty 9pds 4oz!  WOOO HOO!

His disposition?
I’m a broken record here - lovely, curious, quiet, laid back.

What are you looking forward to?
Can you guess????

HAHHA!!!  
THREE DAY UNTIL CHRISTMAS!


Fourth Trimester Rulebook: I will do my best to implement these rules for the next three months.

1. I will be kind to myself, my mental well-being, my body and my heart.

2. I will do my best to let go of the cleanliness of our house.

3. I will ask for help and ask often.

4. I will do my best to sleep or rest when the baby sleeps.

5. I will resist the urge to feel guilty when I am not with Scarlet and Nate.  I will value and cherish my time with sweet baby William. 

6. I will not workout or be physical ;) for at least 6 weeks

No comments: