Dec 15, 2014

5 weeks Post Partum

5 Weeks POST-PARTUM

How are you feeling?
Alive!  Finally doing some ’normal’ Kate things like light activity, more photography and 
planning family getaways!!!  

Sleep?
Will is still up once or twice during the night so it’s disruptive sleep but my afternoon nap saves me.

My Nutrition?
 I’m currently a garborater right now.  Like for example last night I ate not one, but TWO BBQ’ed steaks.  Big steaks!  We’re talking thick 9 or 10 oz beefy ones!  It’s frightening…  Breastfeeding is clearly the cause and I’m wondering if there might be a slight iron deficiency present as well.

Any weight loss?
Shockingly I’ve lost another pound which blows my mind considering the amount of food down the hatch this week.
1 pound lost for a total of 19 pounds putting me at 124

Best and WORST moment this week?

Best: 
The four of us (MOM, DAD, Scarly and Will) went out as a group for the whole day!  We developed pics, went for lunch and even went clothes shopping! 

Worst: 
I got the ok to start to try to lay down on my stomach to sleep so I was beyond excited to give it a go.  I went really slowly to start, pelvis first and all was well, stomach next and it was great!  Ribs - oh my gosh things were going so well.  Then the twins…
NOOOOOOO!!  The milk girls were beyond squished and screaming at me.  Uncomfortable is an understatement.  I tried three or four attempts at repositioning myself but nothing worked.  Looks like it will be at least another year or until I stop nursing that I will be able to sleep on my stomach.  After 10 months of pregnancy, this is the worst realization ever. Tears…

How is Scarlet coping?
So unfortunately, she has discovered with Will that any type of whimper or crying gets immediate attention.  She has started to do a really fake cry to get what she wants with us.  We’ve had to tell her no and encourage her to use her words, but it’s hard not to laugh.

Baby Will?
He’s grunting less and less which has been a great blessing.  He is starting to smile and really connect eye to eye with the person who is holding him.  He’s also a total poop machine!  Boys.

His weight?
Is absolutely going up!  No doc appointments this past week so I don’t know exact numbers but I would guess 9 or 10 pounds.

His disposition?
I know I keep saying this but he is just so sweet!  He rarely ever cries (knock on wood) and when he does it’s for about a minute long and will totally settle if I just pick him up and we dance together.  He’s 100% a momma’s boy.  Both Nate and I have mentioned and observed his willingness to relax when he’s near or on me. #LOVEIT

What are you looking forward to?
I hate to be repetitive but I’m SOOOO looking forward to Christmas!  Families are all coming and the food and the conversations (and photo opportunities) - I’m going to be busy but I love this type of busy.


Fourth Trimester Rulebook: I will do my best to implement these rules for the next three months.

1. I will be kind to myself, my mental well-being, my body and my heart.

2. I will do my best to let go of the cleanliness of our house.

3. I will ask for help and ask often.

4. I will do my best to sleep or rest when the baby sleeps.

5. I will resist the urge to feel guilty when I am not with Scarlet and Nate.  I will value and cherish my time with sweet baby William. 


6. I will not workout or be physical ;) for at least 6 weeks

No comments: