Aug 31, 2009

House . Updates

Week . 6


(Aug 28th - Sept 3rd)


Labour Day long weekend, a.k.a, no house work for three days, time alone up at the lake, and toasted marshmallows by a campfire. Could I be anymore excited?!?!?! Ah, let me think about that ... nope, don't think so. Nate and I are taking off to the family cabin on Friday where we'll chill out, by ourselves, for three whole days. Wow. As I'm writing this, I'm getting excited butterflies flappin' around in my stomach.


As far as the house goes, the trim (throughout) will be painted this week. Nate went in on Tuesday to grab something from the basement and he said that the whole place smelled like Sharpie markers. That'll kill some brain cells and God knows I don't have a ton to spare. So, I opted out for both Sunday and Monday. Heck, now that I'm thinking about it, I should probably stay away for a few more. I kid! I kid! The black granite counter top for the kitchen is on it's way and should arrive Today (ahem). The marble for the master bedroom bathroom will be in at the same time and the cabinet doors will be installed this week. We're gettin' there...



(Blurry Kate and the unfinished cabinets)

In other news, (yeah that transition was lame but I'm kinda tired), my job is sick yo!!! For those of you NOT teaching high school, sick means ridiculously cool, crazy, insane. As each day goes by, I love it more and more. I've made a few really good work friends, my boss is a big sweetie, and I can't believe how well behaved and respectful the kids are. I mean, Fowler was great in many ways; but Central seems to be a really fantastic fit for me. I'm beyond pumped about the four Advanced Acting Productions that we're putting on this year and on Wednesday, I got chosen to take a group of Gr.10's to the World Skills competition this year! Life. Is. Good.



The two Musicals that we're putting up are:


Astonishing Adventures of Awesome Girl and Radical Boy


Les Miserables


and the Play Productions are:




Pregnancy Pact


The Oresteia



I mean, The Oresteia? GREEK TRAGEDY?!?! I was studying that stuff in university and these high school kids are going to be learning it, memorizing it and then performing it? So impressed.


Go Rams! I'm all over this job. I have a feeling I'm going to kill it. Again, for those of you not around High School aged teenagers, 'to kill it' means to do a job well done. Don't ask me why, but it just does.












No comments: