Aug 26, 2009

House . Updates

Week . 5

(Aug 21st - Aug 27th)


I started the job at Central Memorial this week.  It's been a blur, but a very positive blur.  I love the job so far; however, on Tuesday, I asked one of my collegues if he had any plans for the weekend?  

He looked at me and said; ' Already thinking about the weekend?  

Oh sweetheart, you're in trouble'.  


  As far as the house goes, we're waiting on a few people to get certain jobs done before other people can start their job, so currently it feel a bit like a waiting game.  But all in good time.  Here are a few more pics.


(Kate and Nate in the master - so cheesy, but we really do love each other)
(Handsome Man staring out of one of the 'kid bedrooms')


(trying so hard to put on a brave and not tired face)


(Hardwood is still 'curing')


(Taking a break away from the house to go for one last summer hike in the mountains) 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I stumbled onto your blog. Great stuff. And you're a lovely couple. Can I give you some advice? Stain your hardwoods black. At the very least, stain them ebony. You'll love them. Trust me.

Best wishes.

Peter

industrialmedia@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Black? Seriously? I don't know... Have any pictures of that?

Unknown said...

Wouldn't that show everything? We have a gorgeous Walnut that's pre-finished...but I'm curious now.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, go black with the hardwoods. Everybody does walnut stain. It's a nice finish and very traditional. But it's not as cool. And, it's not as elegant. You look like a progressive cool couple, so...

Look here:

Go to: http://www.kwid.com/

Click on "Residential" and then look at the "Brentwood Estate"

Or, check this out:

http://www.allenbianchi.com/projects_des.php?project_auto_id=4890

Take a look at Metropolitan Home, or Dwell or maybe even Architectural Digest.

Or, I could just leave you alone and let you do it yourself. I'm sure you've got great taste...

Peter

Unknown said...

OMG, you're right. Seriously beautiful. I'm going to have to study those websites inside and out. Stunning (and totally our taste)...now for a little $$$ ;)

Thanks for saying we look like a progressive couple - total compliment; however, I must say, looks are deceiving (as I'm sure you already know). But this is giving me lots to think about. THANKS AGAIN PETER!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Kate. If you need more web links for really amazing interior designers and architects, just email me and I'll send them to you.

Peter

industrialmedia@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

One more thing...

If you go with black hardwoods, then you have to go for the zebra skin rug. But you don't have to use real zebra hide (quite pricey), just go with a cowhide that's been silkscreened as zebra. That's what Kelly Wearstler does and it always looks incredible -- especially in my office.

Peter