Aug 6, 2009

HOUSE UPDATES

Week Deux

(July 31st - Aug 6th)


When Ted was born, I was too young to remember feeling disappointed at getting a little brother for a sibling.  I sort of just remember a really dirty and stinky but totally cute blonde boy following me around all the time.  He was a.o.k by me; but a few years into my life, I realized that I also wanted a little sister, and what I really wanted, I usually got.  So, when Paul was born, I remember being surprised when Dad announced that it was in fact another little brother.  Hmmmmm, a boy.  Weird.  I thought to myself;  'I wanted and wished for a girl so badly, how has this happened?'  But again, I just went with it.  I had another brother.


However, when Mom was pregnant AGAIN, I thought God was finally answering my prayers.  I remember thinking; 'YES!  God has given me a little sister!  She will be mine, and I shall name her Samantha (my favorite girl name at the time).  I will dress her in pink fluffy lace and do her hair in beautiful curly ponytails with ribbons all the days of her life on this earth.  We'll have endless, overly sweet tea parties and do each other's makeup and nails.  We'll play 'School' and 'House' and 'Horses' and I will love her and she will love me.'  Then Dad came home and told me that Danny was born.  At first, I didn't believe him.  I thought he was just playing a really mean joke on me and any minute he would break out in laughter and say 'Just KIDDING Kate'.  But alas, Dad was oh so serious.  That day, I specifically remember Dad consoling me when he saw my face drop in disbelief and then I remember crying on his shoulder until it was time to be put to bed.


But having said that, I must also say that all three of my brothers have been extra special to me throughout my life and it has been a blessing to have each one of them in my lives.  In fact, Paul really showed me his love and support when he helped Nathan move over 300 boxes of hardwood flooring from the store into the truck and from the truck into the new house.  He worked so hard all day long and really made me feel special and loved.  I doubt Samantha would have been able to do that!  So, thanks Paulzee, a.k.a bro deux helping out in week deux.  Love ya tons.  


In the mean time, Nate has hung up all of the doors in the house, I finished filling all of the nail holes that were made and we have light in all of the rooms!  The Pantry door is up in the kitchen and baseboards, casing and headers have just arrived.  The plumbing will be done today and I'm extra happy about not having to use the Avalon showhome toilet anymore.  Ah, the little things ;)  

Looking forward to another week of renos.

p.s  Our next door neighbors -the gym guru and her engineer husband, came to visit late last night and they are awesome.  Thankfully, I didn't have ANY junk food in the house or I would have gotten it from her.  (I've learned to stash it in the glove compartment of my car).  I'm getting smarter.


(New Walnut Hardwood that Paul and Nate worked tirelessly to carry into the house)  

No comments: