Aug 11, 2015

9 Months!

Will’s NINE month update
Personality:
We still have a lively, happy, smiley baby, but he’s definitely fussier these days and fussier for longer periods.  He absolutely hates the new hip brace.

Sleep:
Major major major major major MAY-gerrrrr sleep regression.  We’re talking every two hours William will wake up because he either: 

a) can’t get comfortable 
b) can’t roll over 
c) is in pain.  

Have I mentioned how much he hates the brace? 

Physicality:
Will weighs 19 pounds and has his two bottom and two top front teeth and more are breaking through his gums (which doesn’t help in the pain department).    

Food:
He’s still nursing and eats solids four or five times a day.  His favourite is a chicken and veg casserole which is bizarre to me.  Meat was the one food Scarlet kind of stayed away from so this is yet another example of how opposite these two kiddos are.

Me 9 months postpartum

How are you feeling?
I’m ok.  I’m feeling so terrible for my poor little guy.  I just don’t want him to be in any pain or discomfort and of course his happiness is constantly on my mind.  It’s totally exhausting because I know being positive is the best way to get through this but I fear that these next few months are going to traumatize him in a way or disrupt his milestone growth - so I end up being negative (in my head).  All the docs that we’ve seen have totally assured me - verbally - that this is just not the case, but of course as a mother I worry non-stop.  Again, I’m leaning on God and believing He only has the best in store for us.  It will all be ok - but I can’t lie - it kinda sucks right now.  But let me just be clear here, again one more time for the record.  We all hate that dang brace.

Any weight loss?
Yes.  I know I’ve mentioned this before on the blog that I’m one of those people that loses their appetite when stress is present and I know I didn’t have a ton of weight right now to spare.  My weight is not healthy and I’m fully aware of it.  Trust me though - it’s not by choice and not anything I’m trying to do.  This week I’m at 104.  Nate has also gently encouraged me to get some food down, but it’s hard.  ZERO appetite.

Best moment this week?
Best moment was when we were together with two sets of family friends and all the kiddies.  It was lovely seeing them all play and have a ball.  Friends are amazing during these hard times.

What are you looking forward to? 
Obviously the brace being off but I’m going to push that one away for a little while and revisit that when we’re much closer to the removal date.  What I’m really looking forward to are the two weddings coming up.  I seriously can’t wait to dance.

Gracie (the sweet pooch) had Will's attention BIG TIME!  #distraction


Just hanging with his favourite guy - Dada.

Kate 

XO

No comments: