Jun 29, 2015


The travel bug.  A contagious and relentless critter that typically continues to nag me well after I’ve returned home from a trip.  It won’t go away.  It won’t leave regardless of how often I seem to feed it.  I get home and immediately it’s pestering me ‘Where to next?’ ‘What’s it gonna be?’ ‘When do we leave?!?!’ 

But thankfully, I was able to somewhat suppress the bug’s relentless harassment due to the sheer pleasure and joy that we experienced on this latest vacation with my family.  I feel like both the bug and I are still reminiscing on specific days, moments, memories shared with my awesome brother Ted, his amazing wife and son and my little crew.

We swam, we fished (haha), we shopped (well, Laura and I did), we sang, we danced, we ate popsicles and made steak for super.  We laughed, we got sunburned, we explored, we got dirty.  We hugged, we shared, we ate watermelon on grass in the heat and then didn’t clean up after.  We packed all seven, yes SEVEN bodies into a hot minivan, we went to a farmer’s market, we had In-N-Out burgers with animal sauce and fries.  We learned how to just enjoy the day away.  I can say that it was totally unproductive almost everyday and that it was just perfect.  

Getting home from the vacation was bittersweet.  It’s always nice climbing into your own bed, laying down on your own pillow, reuniting with your secret candy stash, but it was particularly hard leaving this trip because I didn’t want our special time to end with the Hoydas.  But I can say, they both suffer from the same stigma that I have as we were already planning our next Hoyda Weiland special kid vacation getaway.  It’s happening.

Here are a few pics of the trip.  If you’re interested I will post pics everyday this week on the 'Travel' page.  
This is about as wild and crazy as I was willing to get with baby Will
BEST. PHOTO BOMB. EVER!!!  Like.  Wow.

Trying to get a family pic.  TRYING...

Photo cred: Laura Hoyda XOXO

Now that we’re back, I’m feeling the pressure.  I’m giving my 90 year old Grandfather a birthday tribute in front of a bunch of family and friends.  I’ve never had issues with speaking publicly (probably from all of my time in front of massive groups of teenagers) but for some reason, I’m palm sweaty flat out nervous for this speech.  I guess maybe it’s because I revere my Grandfather so much and he is literally the most epic person you will come across so I’m wanting to do him justice on his day in front of his friends and family.  Sigh.  

On top of THAT, the kids are both sick.  It was catching something on the plane ride home no doubt.  Cue rolling my eyes.  I’m just not thrilled about extra needy, snotty, whiny babes needing my attention every second of the day.  All you mommas out there know exactly what I'm talking about.  BUT, I will say the extra cuddles, snuggles and hugs helps make up for the latter.


Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: