Jun 11, 2015

I'm HOW old?


Will’s seven month update

Personality:
You know it - a world class ladies man.  He has begun to really play favourites/strange - especially when he is teething or sick.  All he really wants is his Mommy when he is craving a cuddle but he loves to play and mess around with Dad too.  He’s totally enthralled with Scarlet and babbles constantly to her.  He also grabs at her face and squeaks when he’s excited to see her.

Sleep:
We’re in a nice rhythm now.  Three naps per day (which I’m currently trying to transition to two) and he’s sleeping through the night most nights.  No swaddle, no soother, just a little bouncing on the core ball or rocking in the chair with a lullaby and he can drift off in my arms.  It’s pretty heavenly.  Sleep training SUCKED but it was well worth it.  I rarely let him cry it out when we were in the thick of it (just cause I didn’t have the heart) but all of the other techniques were attempted and he did really well once he got the hang of it.  

Physicality:
Will weighs 17 pounds and has two bottom teeth!  He got them about a week or two ago and they are so stinkin' adorable.  I’ve got to try to get a pic of them.  He’s also growing some hair right on top of his little head which is completely opposite of Scarly.  She didn’t start growing any hair till she was about 19 ish months old and her’s kinda came in at the back of her head first - mullet style.  Haha.  Will’s hair is a medium blonde silky shiny texture.  I LOVE IT!   It seems to want to grow into a mohawk and I’m SOOO down with that.

Food:
Well, it’s no surprise that he’s not a huge fan of cooked egg yoke (I tasted it and shuddered - it tasted so nasty.  I can’t believe Scarlet ate it no problem), but his favourites are pears, yams and he likes rice cereal with prune juice mixed in.


Me 7 months postpartum

How are you feeling?
I’m feeling pretty good.  A little bit anxious about our upcoming trip because it’s never easy for me to fly on an airplane, but I have some back up meds if I get claustrophobic so hopefully it will be ok.  I’m also going to pray lots and lots about it.  That always seem to help.  As does a mimosa before the flight… 

Any weight loss?
Yes and I’m not totally thrilled about it.  I’m really working on trying to add a few healthy pounds to the current 107.  It’s truly the nursing that is taking the weight off and I find it really hard to keep up with the calories going out - especially running after Scarlet all day with a baby in my arms… not to mention the rushed meals that always seem to haunt moms.  Will is still feeding every three to four hours during the day so my body is working hard to produce the milk.  Let’s say that getting to the gym to build some muscle has got to become a priority for me. 

Best moment this week?
Going to the beach in our neighbourhood!

What are you looking forward to? 
The vacay with my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and my own famjam!



Serious Pose.



Fedora was a bit big but I couldn't resist putting it on him.

Have a great day friends!
Kate 
XO 


No comments: