Aug 29, 2016

NO MORE DRAMA!!!

Time to unwind from the last post and move on from that gong show.  Happy to report - I’m fine after all of that craziness, better than fine actually, AMAZING because today we are starting to get serious about our upcoming trip to 
NEW YORK CITY!   

We are going to celebrate my brother Paul’s wedding so that will take a ton of organization (and also packing which is not my favourite), but I’m choosing to look at all the happy things in my life these days and focus on that!
To lighten up the blog a little and to show that I’m capable of having my feelings stung by hate (actually it's just one toxic girl who just can’t get over the way that I live my life or raise my children - oh and might I add - doesn't have kids of her own, cue Nate and I killing ourselves laughing), I wanted to answer a fun questionnaire that would hopefully help some of the new friends who follow along get to know me and my family a bit better.  

Just a bit of fun for a Monday.  SOOOOOO, here goes!  Thirty big ones!!!


1. Best family tradition to date?
We order A&W burgers as a ‘treat’ almost every Sunday.

2. Mom’s Current favourite songs?
Let it go - James Bay 
Love train - The O’Jays
Send my love - Adele
(Ask me this question in a few days and there will be four different songs up there ;)

3. Scarlet’s current favourite songs?
Dancing Kizomba - Alx Veliz
Jealous - Nick Jonas (Gospel Version)

4. Will’s fave?
Sesame Street theme song
Johnny Appleseed 

5. Nate’s fave?
He said he likes the new Justin Bieber “Cold Water” Haha.  Jokes.  

6. What am you addicted to? 
Hmmm…addicted - strong word.  I really love creating.  Daily.  I’m also addicted to my kids laughter.  I will tickle torture them anytime anywhere to get that sound out.  Also, Netflix - currently TopGear and Broadchurch and we just watched the movie Martian which I loved.  Nate and I watch tv nightly for about an hour and give each other massages and then go to bed.  It’s the best.  I used to be addicted to working out - I’m not so addicted to that anymore but I know I need to address that a bit for health benefits.

7. What is one of your insecurities?
I worry about not being the ‘perfect’ mom.  I stress about what my kids feel, need, hope for, what I give them what I don’t give them what I say to them, what I don’t say.  BUT, I just read a parenting article that said that parents who worry about being good parents are amazing parents naturally simply due to the fact that they are worried about it - it’s on their radar.  It also said that parents need to give themselves a break - especially raising children in such a public world.  Boy - can I ever relate to that.  It’s the parents who don’t worry that we all need to worry about.  Is that backwards?  Kinda.  Also, I know for a fact that there is no such thing as a perfect mom and I’m doing and trying my very best and that’s what I choose to do and strive for. 

8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Pushy aggressive drivers.  
When people hide behind their computers and use their keyboards as a weapon.  
When I get stains on my white clothes.


9. What is your secret superpower?
I can ‘read’ an individual fairly immediately and I can usually find out what they need, want, care about, believe to be true, etc by listening carefully but mostly from the vibes I get.  It’s awesome and terrifying at the same time.  Also, polishing off a pineapple pepperoni pizza single-handedly is another superpower.  


10. Last encounter with a police officer?
I was driving my husband’s car to the mall late one night and I was definitely speeding because I had just got the kids down to sleep and the mall was about to close.  I needed to buy hats for them for our upcoming trip.  I was going 130 in a 100 zone on the highway from our house.  I got pulled over - had my driver’s licence ready and was eager to tell the cop how sorry I was.  After I answered all of his questions honestly, he let me go with a warning and said that he too was on the same flight in the morning to Mexico and that I could probably find something better to spend my $230 dollars on rather than a speeding ticket to get hats.

11. Blood type?
Type A.

12. What was the last lie you told?
The last lie that I told was that I felt sorry for someone who was experiencing jealousy.  The truth is, I try not to anymore.  I used to genuinely care (like WAY too much) when people felt anything but happiness and wanted to help them.  I used to change myself in the hopes that I would make their life better, but now - I realize it’s not about me.  It’s about them and I should never change to appease someone who can’t be happy in their own skin.  I too have felt jealous and I too have had to overcome that feeling.  I had to take a long hard look at myself and view what I needed to improve to gain what I desired.  I will teach my children that we all feel that way at some point in our lives but it’s how we deal with it that really matters.  Toxic, vicious people shouldn't ever be able to change you or bring you down. 

What is your perfect pizza?
Thin crust with pineapple, pepperoni and hot peppers.

Would you eat a bowl of crickets for $40,000?
Do I have to be sober? 

What is the weirdest name someone has introduced themselves as to you?
Dick Heir.  His name was actually Richard Heir, but he went by Dick.  So, Dick Hair…I mean Heir.

What inspires you?
Super honest answer here - when someone says that I can’t or shouldn’t do something, I think ‘Tell me I can’t and that’s exactly why I WILL’.

What is the habit you are proudest of breaking? 
I used to scratch my dry skin really badly (psoriasis) but I see a dermatologist for that issue and cortisone cream helps manage it.  TMI?  Yah - agreed.  Hehe.     

What do you never order out at a restaurant?
Chicken.  I don’t know why, I just don’t really do that unless it’s wings. YUMMM!

What did you do for your latest bday?
We had two sets of our dearest friends over and all of their kids and we had a big bbq in our backyard.  The kids all stripped down to their birthday suits and ran around in the gorgeous evening sun while us adults drank wine on our patio.  BEST NIGHT EVER!

What was the last sweet thing you did for your spouse?
I gave him a massage and a head rub/back scratch.

What was the last sweet thing you did for your kids?
Today, I single-handedly put on a puppet show for the better part of the morning with a single sock, a stuffed bunny and a plastic kitchen set.  Voices, character development and set were all included.  Haha!  

What was the last thing you did for your community?
Our family donates gently used clothing to different outreach groups. 

What was the last thing I did for my church?
I offered my Sunday to volunteer for a church group needing help.

What was the last thing I did for a stranger?
I was heading home in my car and stopped at a red light.  A homeless man walked past each car in the hopes that he might be shown some kindness.  I offered him some food that was in my car (half an untouched sandwich from Subway) and a bit of money.  We talked for a few split seconds and he was so thankful and said God Bless you at the end of our conversation.  When the light turned green and I started to drive away, tears were sliding down my cheeks because I wanted to do more.   I want to focus on giving more of myself and my time to help others.  

This post is supposed to be lighter!

Ok ok.  

Favourite number?
7 or 4.  I like them both.

Dream vacation?
Return to Italy as a family.

Would you have another child?
Yup.  If we are blessed enough to I would just love that.  Don't get me wrong - it's also terrifying to think about going through it all again but it's so worth it.

Best part about being married?
You have a best buddy for life.  You can rely on that human for anything at anytime for any reason.  AND, it’s awesome sleeping next to someone every night and waking to look at their sweet face every morning.  I’m still soooo in love.  Gag, haha ;)

Best part about having kids?
You discover this unconditional love that you knew that you had prior to children but you didn’t really KNOW how it felt until you had them.  Unconditional, everlasting, perfect love.  

Hope you guys have the best and most blessed week and to all the new friends, welcome and hope you enjoy.

LUVS,
Kate

XOXO 

No comments: