Aug 26, 2016

"That crap just doesn't work on me anymore" favourite line from the post below

It always has been about the art for me and happily it’s becoming that way for our children.
'Art Wall'

I love how creative and wonderful life can be.  It’s amazing how you can influence your little ones to get excited about things like blank paper and crayons, washable paint and felts.  It's so cool to see the t.v get shunned and the kids running to scribble and doodle with delight - especially on our rainiest days, our projects and artwork have been lifesavers.

Scarlet and William will draw, stick, cut (toddler scissors), tape, glue, even finger paint for sometimes hours at a time and I love it.  Here are a few pieces from our art wall that I have to share cause I’m an uber proud momma. 




Yah - it's a guitar.  :)




In regards to the current form of art that I choose to dabble in (photography), I have had a few challenges as of late and I must pre-empt this by saying that on Instagram (where some of my photography is posted), it’s not about followers, or likes or features or shoutouts, or any of that ‘extra stuff’ as I like to call it.

Warning, the next part of this post is a little bit...snippy shall we say?

I’m referring to a conundrum on Instagram.  If you don’t follow along (which I’m totally ok with and have never asked for the amount of followers I currently have - let’s be crystal clear on that) here is the quickest version of what’s happening based on my perspective.  I took time to compose various date nights for my husband and I as we want to save money for our upcoming trip to NYC.  The camera timer took pics of those dates nights, I posted them online and then they were fairly popular and were taken by at least five different (massive) accounts without credit.

I’ve also seen it happen to other accounts and it really makes me ill.

The creator, designer, director, artist, whatever you want to call it, needs to be acknowledged.  Even on social media.  Why?  Because that thought, or idea or creation came from THEM.  Their body.  Their soul.  Their eyes.  Their view on how they see the world.  When another person steals that ( in this case) picture, the intention in which it was taken could be anything from gaining more likes or followers or ads or gigs or opportunities for them.  Not because they want to ‘share’ it.  If they do just want to share a beautiful photo, they know the rules.  Everyone who signs up to use social media knows the rules.  You CREDIT and TAG.  

To make matters worse - the institute in which the forum is ‘shared’ has done nothing.  Not one iota to rectify to situation.  I have written comments, emails, direct messages.  I’ve reported accounts (which is not what I want to be doing in my spare time) in the attempt to simply notify SOMEONE in charge about what is going down, to no avail.  

Now, in writing this, I’m not asking for sympathy or a mass group collaboration to talk to the support team at Instagram.  I just want it to be known that there is zero representation and it’s extremely frustrating.  I’m not mad today, but I was a few days ago, and letting something like this effect my mood isn’t where I want to be in my thirties.

So, in trying to personally figure out a solution for myself, by myself, I’ve have chosen to watermark certain pics on IG.  Not something I could ever understand when others did it, but now I do.  I currently view it as a big ‘stain’ on my work (which is ridiculous) but I said to my husband, why should I have to change the end outcome of my pics because others are behaving badly?  He didn’t really know what to say back to me, but he eventually mentioned - you just do.  It’s like an artist signing a painting in the bottom right hand corner.  

And that’s where we’re at right now.  I am NOT paying and will not pay to have my own photo credited on a 4+ million follower account on Instagram and I’m just going to continue to truck along enjoying the creative side and trying hard not to get too fired up about it.  Because it’s all, about, the, artwork!  AND, I don't care about credit to get more followers or likes or whatever, it's not about that!!!  

I also want to mention that I read a movement4success article the other night.  It really stayed with me.  It said;

  ‘Never tell anyone (except perhaps a trusted loved one) your problems.  5% may want to help but can’t. 25% really don’t care and 70% are secretly glad that you have those problems in the first place.’  

It’s so harsh, but it really rang true with me, especially regarding our recent exposure on Social Media.  Bit of a wake-up call for me there.

So friends, that will be my last rant for a solid year (or so at least) on this blog.  I can promise you that.  And again, all of the hate, haters, stealing, jealousy, miserable sad individuals who are TRYING to bring me down don’t understand that that crap just doesn’t work on me anymore.  In fact, it only fires me up.  It actually lights a very deep flame in my gut and propels me to be better, do better, create more and laugh at how sad some people really are.  I just know that I’ll succeed in my own happy life regardless of the judgemental opinions of a very few insignificant individuals.
How's that for sticking it to the haters ?

Hope you all have a fabulous and lovely weekend!  I know we will be!

Animal transformation of Will, Scarlet, Mom and Dad according to Scarlet.  AWESOME!



LUVS,
Kate XX


No comments: