Nov 5, 2014

38 weeks pregnant

Weekly Pregnancy Update

How far along are you?
38 weeks and this will be the final weekly update.
 YAY!  We have a date chosen.  Baby will arrive either naturally (fingers crossed) if doctor’s can gently flip him over (they talked Nate and I into at least trying the ECV) and if his heart rate drops too much, I’ll have a section within minutes so either way I’ll be praying that I’ll be coming home with a healthy baby this week!

How are you feeling?
All over the map.  I now know it’s possible to feel at least twenty different emotions within five seconds because it’s happened almost daily.

Any weight gain? 
2 pounds this week for a total of 28 pounds keeping me at 143.  Best news is that baby boy is currently weighing in at 5 pds 4oz so he’s on a healthy side right now and that makes us happy.

New symptoms?
Pressure.  Oh boy - since he’s Frank Breech (feet are up in his face and he’s butt first) all I feel is this hard pressure constantly.  I always hated it when pregnant woman ‘waddled’ in movies because I thought it was so fake but now, I totally get it.  Your body just wants to do it!  I never waddled with Scarlet so this is just so foreign to me.  I try not to do it in public, but it’s hard!  haha.

General mood?
Is…
hmmmmm.
Tense.
I think I will be the happiest woman on the planet once I have given birth to this boy.  Just the fear of the unknown (mostly about what delivery it’s going to be) is so scary for me.  I’ve been praying A LOT lately.  Also, leaving Scarlet for a few days just completely upsets me to the point that I squeeze her so tightly when I hug her I think I’m hurting her.  I also kiss her more than she likes right now (haha) but I don’t care, I need to get them in if I’m going to be away from her for a few days.

Gender?
BOY!

What foods are you craving?
Not much.  Not a huge appetite this week, but I had lot’s of Halloween chocolate just to get my few final pregnancy ‘fixes’ in.

  Do you miss anything?
Not being pregnant!  Haha.  No but seriously, it’s so nice to know when this boy is coming, it makes the final days easier.

Sleep?  
Has been both good and very disturbed.  My mind will not shut off sometimes and then other nights I’m so exhausted that I crash and just power sleep all night long.

Working out?
Nothing this week.

Best moment this week?
 DATE NIGHT!  Parents babysat for Nate and I and we got in the BEST evening just the two of us.  (Dinner for two).  So needed, so necessary, so awesome.  It will probably be the last one for a long time though ;)

What are you excited about?
Obviously meeting my son.  Also, having this chapter of my life (2nd pregnancy) coming to a close.  Grateful to have experienced it yet again, beyond excited to close the cover.

Kate
XOXO

No comments: