Jul 12, 2015

Will's 8 month update

Will’s eight month update



Personality:
He’s still a super smiley and social little guy.  He’s learning new things everyday (mainly from his big sister) and just wants to be awake and active all the time.  

Sleep:
It’s unfortunately regressed a bit again.  We were in such a nice routine and then wammo - teeth and a cold and a growth spurt all at once.  Will is all over the map with naps at this point but gets at least one big one somewhere in the day.  I’ll be working pretty hard this week to get him back on track with the regular two big naps per day rhythm cause I know how much it pays off if we stick with it.  

Physicality:
Will weighs 18 pounds and still has just the two bottom teeth.  I thought for SURE he’s be sprouting out a few more this month since he’s been a big slobbery mess some days, but alas, nothing has cut through yet.  JUST CUT THROUGH PLEASE TEETH!  
Here's a pic of his first bottom two teeth.


Food:
Solids are coming along nicely.  Will eats four meals a day (one of them is sort of a snack) and he nurses four to five times while he’s awake and once in the middle of the night…still.  He’s such a momma’s boy.  SUCH a momma’s boy.  As you can see below, he also loves his sister to bits and she knows it...


 'Where'd she go Mom?'


Me at 8 months postpartum

How are you feeling?
I’m feeling great.  This past week has been full of fun and birthday blessings and even celebrations for my 90 year Grandfather who was acting like a 60 year old at his birthday party!  The tribute to him went well (I thought) but I was not expecting to get emotional during the reading.  I had no doubt in my mind that I would be rock - but once I got up in front of all of those people and started to speak I noticed that my Grandfather (who was standing directly in front of me), was becoming emotional.   That just totally caused me to lose my composure and then it was a bit of a emotional mess throughout the speech.  Haha.  I really wish I could have gotten it recorded or something but Nate was out and about driving baby Will around in the vehicle for his nap, so he wasn’t able.  Anywho, it was what it was.  I’ll post what I wrote if anyone was curious sometime this week.

Any weight loss?
I’m at 107 this month which is up from last month so we’re getting some positive healthy progress here.  I’m happiest and healthiest in my ‘range’ so I’ll be eager to get the last few healthy pounds on and keep it right around in there.

Best moment this week?
My birthday fun!

What are you looking forward to? 
There is a wedding coming up and I’m super pumped to go.  The kids getting married are both LOVELY people and they are getting married at the most gorgeous location that I’m thrilled to take photos off (haha).  Also, lot’s of friends and family will be here so I’m just so happy that we’ll be seeing everyone back here this summer.  

Here are a few sweet shots of the two kiddos when we went out for ice cream the other night.  ENJOY!

I would put money on the HOPE that they're both left handed.  AHHHHHHH!!!!  Fingers crossed.



Singing for ice cream!

and chill...

Scarlet: "Mommy, I'm finished!  More PLEASE!"
Me: "Well sweetie, if you're done then you're done.  We have to save room in your stomach for supper"

 Then she gives her Daddy this face:

and he gives her more...

#proudparenting


My Dolly

THOSE LIPS!

She's totally left handed.  Just saying...

 Then Will, ok Scarlet give me that...

Have a great day friends!
Kate 

XO

No comments: