Jul 9, 2015

So happy I could eat a flower!








Excuse the lighting on the following pics - we turned the lights off in the kitchen so we could really see the sparklers!  It ended up casting some funny shadows on us, but I still LOVE these shots of the kids and I that Nate took.









Scarlet loooooooved the birthday cake.  She sang the birthday song at least a million times later that night and well into bedtime and then the following morning asked 'Can I have some birthday cake for breakfast please mommy?'  Both kids were and still are sick but for my day (as you can see) they put on brave faces and didn't complain too much.  THANK YOU KIDS!

This birthday for me was a really beautiful, quiet, hot summery day which is all that I really wanted.  I got a call from one of my sister-in-laws and we were laughing about how we both would rather have a casual birthday at home versus a wild birthday night out on the town.  I guess this is just showing my age.  But the truth is, it was a lovely one for me full of little blessings.  The kids and I went to the park for a few hours and just had a sweet afternoon together.  Then Nate got home from work and we ordered sushi and ate birthday cake.  Nate and I will be celebrating alone later on in the week - we’ll do dinner out at a new restaurant near our house.  I received  some gorgeous flowers from him that totally inspired me to get creative - so I grabbed my camera and got going.  The typical stand and shoot pics weren’t exciting me in any way so I just NEEDED to do these gorgeous blooms justice.  Setting the shot up wasn’t totally easy, but the picture turned out almost exactly like I was seeing in my head so I was also pretty happy with that.  

Another fun thing that happened to me on the 7th was that ViciDolls (a clothing account on Instagram) featured one of my pics taken in one of their dresses!  I was told that they would be sending me some of their clothes to take more shots of and then they would continue to feature them on the account!!!  I was super excited and can’t wait to get creative with those.  Maybe I should eat some of the clothing pieces just like the flowers?  I’m sure that would go over well.  Haha
This was the shot and the full outfit deets can be found in 'Style'

Hope everyone has a great day.  
IT’S SUMMER!!!
Kate 
XO

No comments: