Feb 17, 2016

Valentines!


Walking to our restaurant - immmm - pink and purple for V-day!?!?!  Perfect perfect perfect.  



The Valentine’s Day Date.  Thank goodness we were even able to get out alone (without kids), seriously such a biggie when there are two around - I don’t know how mommas with more than two do it, and/or single moms.  Props to the enth degree.  Like for reals.

But tonight we went to Starfishbelly which was recommended to me by my hairdresser Lisa from Lavish and it did not disappoint!  We were surprised by how ‘downtown’ the inside of the restaurant felt - even though it was just five minutes away from our pad in suburban land.  The food and wine were not quite fine dining (which is totally good with me cause I usually spill it all over myself anyway) but it was polished and refined.  I was conflicted with the Bore shoulder Gnocchi vs the Mushroom risotto and ended up making a last minute switch for a gorgeous steak that caught my eye in the final seconds before the server came around.  We started with a spicy tuna tartare and didn’t end up getting any dessert because we were just so satisfied.

Afterwards, we walked around the restaurant (seriously have to come back to take better pics with my big girl camera) and just talked and laughed until it was time to go back home.  I received some gorgeous rare roses (that bloomed so large they were as big as my hand!) and a sentimental card, some pretty girly lingerie that I actually picked out.  HA!  What can I say?  I'm picky with the lacey stuff.

Anywho, it was such a lovely evening.  Hope everyone enjoyed their special love day too.
My handsome hubby Valentine.

Kate XOXO

No comments: