Feb 5, 2016

Love Day Project










I've always felt a little indifferent about Valentine's Day to be honest.  I hate to admit it, but I guess it had to do with whether or not I was single at the time (way wayyyyyy back before I was married), as well as the whole commercial 'business' of having to buy things for loved ones in order to show them how much you love them.  That didn't always sit well me.  But, I usually did - and still do - purchase a few chocolate treats, maybe a stuffed animal or two and a small gift for Nate.  

But last year, I saw the sweetest idea about writing love notes to your little ones each year on Valentines day.   This momma (of four) has done it every year since her children were born and has kept each of the letters for them to read when they get older.  I basically tear up even as I write out this post because I think that has to be one of the most beautiful ideas.

So, I started this tradition.  I will write both Scarlet and William and any other baby that comes along (not pregnant FYI), little love letters and they will also write their own to the other members of the family.  Here they both are, working on their little project which just absolutely pulls at my heart strings.   I know Scarlet is concentrating EXTRA hard when her tongue gets shaped into a little rosebud.  HA!
At this point, William decided he was done with the homemade Valentines, so he practiced walking around the family room while Scarlet continued on...

Very proud of herself





















Then we got into a little bit of chocolate... (she only had two).










haha - just loving life here.


















A little chocolate O.D I think...



Then we talked about how when two people are in love they can share a kiss!  She though it was hilarious and then started to kiss her wrist!!!  #helpme






Have a lovely day friends and happy Friday!!!
Kate
XOXO

No comments: