Nov 10, 2016

William's two year update

Holy smokes.  My baby.  MY BABY IS TWO?!?!?!  
(Panic at the disco) 

 Here is a little update on our our sweet prince and how he’s doing these days - what he’s into, what he’s not and how we’re loving his amazing personality. 
A little prezzie from Mom and Dad

Favourites

Favourite Food: 

Will loves bananas, oatmeal, fast food fries and surprisingly broccoli.  I KNOW!  I credit my best friend Jenny who told me to tell Will that they’re called “Dino Bites” and you have to make a big Dinosaur ROAAAR after you eat each ‘tree’.  We all started doing it at dinner with broccoli (Nate too) and it worked like a charm.  Now, he chooses to eat broccoli over things like chips or sweets.  It’s awesome and weird all at the same time.  

Favourite Words: 

Will recites the entire Sesame Street cast from beginning to end on a regular basis.  He says in order really quickly “Elmo, Grover, Big Bird, Count, Cookie, Abby, Oscar!!!”  He still called Ernie ‘E’ and Bert ‘Ert’. 

Books: 
Dinosaur Dance by Sandra Boynton
Grover takes care of Baby by Emily Thompson
Steam Train Dream Train by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld

TV Show: 
“Elmo’s world”/“Sesame Street”, “Justin Time” and “Super Why”

Songs: 
He loves ‘Layla’ by Eric Clapton  
I played it one day to show Scarlet what real rock and roll sounded like and they both just went crazy over it.  It’s now a regular tune in our house. 
He also likes our Piano upstairs which plays various instrumental themed songs.  We let the kids run around to it after their tubby.  William is usually naked when he does it.  It’s definitely a thing.

Colour: He likes Blue and Green

Fave Toy: Train set and he loves his building blocks.

Skills: 
Will is obsessed with numbers and letters.  He can point out most letters from the alphabet and any number from 1-10 and say it.  It’s a big skill for a two-year old.
He’s also surprisingly musical.  He can sing back melodies on the proper notes and has a bit of rhythm.  His dance moves are super cute too mostly cause he really gets into it.  He’s also been surprisingly fast these days when he’s playing tag with Scarlet.  He can ALMOST catch her and she’s quick…
Finally, he is currently putting himself to sleep both at nap time and bed time which any mom knows is an absolute god-send.


Personality

 Will is such a sweetheart and seriously very sensitive.  He will cry for a long time if he feels like he’s in trouble with Mommy but alternatively can be very mischievous when he knows he’s done something wrong.  He’ll smile quickly and then drop his head and walk to the ‘time out thinking corner’.  He also is very social with other kids and he’s currently in a crazy copy-cat stage.  He copies absolutely everything that Scarlet does, including sitting on the potty which I’m like ‘WHOOOOO HOO!!!’  We haven’t begun potty training yet, (even though he has shown a bit of interest) for a few reasons.  

1.  I have been warned by numerous mothers of boys - don’t even think about it until after he has turned two.  Just don’t.

2. I read in a fabulous mom-article that 27 months is the magic month to begin with boys so we’ll see where he’s at when we get to that age.

3. I admit that I started a few weeks too early with Scarlet because she too showed signs of interest right off the bat, but it just ended up being weeks of continuous accidents that I could have done without - don’t get me wrong, I fully understand there will be accidents in potty training, but I know it was just a bit too early with Scarlet.  I promised myself that I wouldn’t push it with my next child for our overall wellbeing and happiness.  I mean, what’s the harm in waiting a little longer?  


Vocabulary
 William has just started to piece words together (two or three) to make a small sentence and we are so thrilled with that.  He gets serious praise from all of us including Scarlet and she encourages him to say certain things which is just hilarious.  Scarlet was a bit further along in speech at this stage, but William is much stronger physically at this point than she was.  I try to avoid comparing the two, but it is never in a negative way - it’s just reminiscing and seeing how different both kids are.

Stats
26 pounds (two heavier than Scarlet)
34 inches (two inches taller too)
shoe size: 6
Clothing size: 18-24 months and 2T which I just learned is slightly different from the Gap sales lady.
Vaccinations are all up to date and William has serious hair!  It took Scarlet’s a year and a half to come it, but Will has already have numerous (at least 10) hair cuts.  Haha.

I’ll get a few shots of the little prince at his birthday party - that is if I can catch him.  He’s still napping once a day everyday for at least two hours (thank goodness for that so I can get a little breather) so hopefully he’ll have a nice sleep on his bday party day because I know it will be a ton of fun to have his family spoil him with love and attention.

These were the goodies we gave William after dinner tonight.  He also got a little cupcake.  We'll be having family over this weekend to celebrate party style.  

Glow in the dark stickers!




(love this wrapping paper)


It was the first time I had been in Mastermind toys and I was really impressed!  It was refreshing to see that the age 'restrictions' and levels were totally appropriate (in my opinion) and there were so many options for the 1-3 year group.  I've always found that stage difficult to find.  I'll definitely returning for Christmas.


Have a fantastic day friends!

Kate 
XO



No comments: