Jun 4, 2014

Weekly Pregnancy Update #16

How far along are you?
16 weeks

How are you feeling?
Great.  I’m getting a fairly prominent bump so pants are starting to be uncomfortable around the waist.  Thankfully, I’m stocked with maxi dresses so we should be good for a little while.

Any weight gain? 
1 pound this week for a total of 3 pounds putting me at 118

New symptoms?
My sciatic nerve!  :(  Major bummer.  I was REALLY hoping that this wouldn’t happen this pregnancy, but I think it’s time to make some physio appointments again.  Basically, the pressure being put on the largest nerve in the body (the Sciatica) is responding with pain in the form of shooting, pin-like ‘jabs’ in mainly my left lower back.  In my research, I’ve read that it is NOT due to the baby and uterus stimulating it but I think that’s bogus.  The nerve will feel better when my pelvis decides to widen for all the pregnancy and baby changes and with some good old fashion icing and physio exercises it will be fine.  It lasted about a month with Scarlet and then returned around month 7 and lasted another month.  

General mood?
 Happy happy happy! 

Gender?
I still think girl.  We’ve been throwing around lot’s of girl names because it is WAY harder for us to name a girl.  We have about three absolutely wicked boy names picked already in case I’m wrong.  I’m so excited either way.

What foods are you craving?
I have been craving more sweet things lately, like FRUIT LOOPS!  ?!?!?!

  Do you miss anything?
Sushi and white wine spritzers

Sleep?
Has been great.  Can’t complain.

Working out?
I did a spin class this week for the first time in months!   BAHAHAHA!  Just kidding.  I sat on the recumbent bike and read a magazine.  No but seriously, Scarlet is my workout.

Best moment this week?
Date night with my husband.  WE WERE OUT UNTIL 11:30! 

What are you excited about?
Hanging out at the beach in our community.  Scarlet and I went yesterday and we were the first ones there besides a really sweet old asian lady.  We’re going to be living there this summer as well as up at the lake so I’m totally pumped to be in and around the water and the sand.  This momma, her hubby and her babe are total #beachaddicts

Kate
xoxo



No comments: