Jun 18, 2014

18 week Pregnancy update

Weekly Update

How far along are you?
18 weeks

How are you feeling?
Hungry... all the time.  Haha.  I’m feeling really great.  Second trimester is the best part of pregnancy for me.

Any weight gain? 
Stayed the same this week.  0 pounds gained for a total of 5 pounds keeping me at 120

New symptoms?
  None

General mood?
 I’m really happy !

Gender?
A few nights ago I had a dream that I had three girls in a row so maybe that was a sign?  Honestly, though I really don’t know.  

What foods are you craving?
Sweet:
Lattes
French Toast
Popsicles

Salty:
Lasagna
Grilled cheese sandwiches
BBQ Hamburgers

  Do you miss anything?
White wine spritzers and raw sushi.  :(  Major bummer about being pregnant in the summer.  I was thinking about it yesterday and I thought, the first time I’m going to have a drink will be in the winter (since the babe is due in November).  Typically I drink red wine in the cooler months and stick to light white summer wines during the hotter ones.  I will have to wait not only the rest of the pregnancy but a whole other 6 months before really getting to enjoy a spritzer out on a patio somewhere.  Haha.  Oh the humanity!

Sleep?
Can’t complain at all.  I’m getting more and more used to the side sleeping which has been fine.  I’m trying to ‘load up’ on good sleep because I remember in the 3rd trimester I had a heck of a time getting and staying asleep.  

Working out?
Did some arm weights!!!  Also, walking around outside and chasing Scarly.

Best moment this week?
Feeling the baby move!  It is such a beautiful experience when it finally happens and you know for sure that the ‘tap’ wasn’t anything other than a little foot or hand patting you.  So sweet and exciting.  I’m just dying to find out the gender and see him or her again during an ultrasound.

What are you excited about?
I’m going out for dinner with a girlfriend (just us, no babies) and then coffee with another girlfriend (just us, no babies - she doesn’t have kids yet) so Nate is coming home early to be with Scarlet.  I’m so happy to be catching up with my ladies! 

Kate
xoxo



No comments: