Jun 11, 2014

17 week pregnancy update

Weekly Pregnancy Update

How far along are you?
17 weeks

How are you feeling?
I’m feeling great for the most part.  My insides feel stretchy which is a little freaky, but Nate assures me I was feeling the same thing at around this point last time.  

Any weight gain? 
2 pounds this week for a total of 5 pounds putting me at 120

New symptoms?
  Heartburn and inner gut stretch.

General mood?
 Still very HAPPY!

Gender?
Storytime.  Nate and I were hanging out with Scarlet after dinner a few nights ago.  Nate asked her: ‘Scarlet, is Mama having a baby girl?  Are you having a sister?’ and Scarlet looked like she was considering his question and right afterwards shook her head no.  Nate looked at me and we laughed.  Then he asked her: ‘Scar, is Mama having a baby boy?’ and she immediately nodded yes.  We were surprised and thought WOAH!  She seems so certain.  Then just to be sure, about two minutes later Nate asked again: ‘Scarlet, is the baby in mama’s tummy a girl?’  Again, she shook her head ‘nope’ and went on playing with her toys.  I’m not so sure it’s a girl anymore…

What foods are you craving?
Had my first pickle craving this pregnancy.  We had pickles and cheese and crackers.  I also wanted blue cheese a few days ago which is wacky.  I HATE blue cheese normally but for some reason, I wanted some this time around.

  Do you miss anything?
Sleeping on my stomach :(  Bump is officially too hard and round to sleep on anymore.  

Sleep?
Has still been awesome considering the above.  I take one pillow and put it in-between my knees and the other and hug it all night.  It sort of feels like I’m on my stomach.

Working out?
Went for three long walks - like over an hour this week.  The area that we live in has the best walking paths around the prettiest wetland areas and BEACH!

Best moment this week?
Finding out that I did not have a corneal abrasion.  My left eye had been bugging me for days and days.  It got so bad that I went in on a Sunday to see an optometrist.  After quite a few tests she found that I had really poor tear duct quantity and it was causing a little stye in my eye.  No scratch, no detachment, no ulcer - I was very happy.  Other best moment this week was hearing Scarlet say a few new words like ‘ball’ ‘that’ ’nose’.

What are you excited about?
I’m excited about our ultrasound in two weeks.  Not knowing the gender is now on my mind constantly and I really want to start to decorate the nursery and go shopping for new cute things for this babe.  I will definitely use some hand-me-downs if it’s a little girl but I also want her to have her own items too.  We’re completely hooped if it’s a boy - we have zero blue, so I’m pumped either way!

New pic in the BUMP section!

Kate
xoxo



No comments: