Nov 18, 2009



The Weiland's entertain regardless of random unfinished renovations around the house.

 

 THEY WILL NOT STOP US!


I must get it from my Mom.  Growing up, I got used to my parents entertaining 'company' almost every weekend.  The visits would vary from a wide range of different occasions; dinner parties, book club for the ladies, book club wind up party with the men, 'stitch-n-bitch', Christmas parties, New Years Shin diggs, or just random drinks with so and so from wherever.  Mom and Dad loved having guests.  You could definitely call Laurie and Don Hoyda the social butterflies of Calgary - in my opinion you still could.  However, as a youngster laying in bed awake listening to adults laughing well into the wee hours of the evening (school nights too), I didn't understand the 'appeal' of sitting around and conversing your face off.  Then, I grew up.


Currently, as a small homeowner, I feel compelled, eager, even anxious to have guests and friends over for dinner, drinks and fantastic conversation every, single, solitary weekend.  Not to show off the house - the house is secondary - purely a location to 'house' all of the fun.  But I mainly love entertaining for the time with our dear friends.  I completely understand now why my parents are so popular and have had and have so many great companions and hope that Nate and I will aim to be like that and continue to build our fantastic group of friends. 


Last weekend, we had Nate's best friend and the best man-of-honour at our wedding over with his incredibly beautiful, funny and talented girlfriend Nicole, who I pray will be Mrs. Weir one day.  Nicole is super special.  Before her, Matt was 'that single dude'.  He flew solo for literally...well, FOREVER.  He had been set up on numerous dates on numerous occasions to no avail.  In fact, I personally even thought that I would take a swing at it and introduce him to one of my girlfriends - major fail.  But that's alright because they are both super happy now.  


But Nicole came along and stole Matty's heart.  He was smitten and so were Nate and I because this meant evenings, weekends, possibly even couple vacations would be in our very near future.  That's a huge 'heck yeah!!!'.  Here are a few pics from our night.   Love ya Kenzie ;)


Kenzie girls

The Bromance continues - Matt and Nate = hot dang boys.

Our tasty din din - skewers with Chicken, Shrimp, Tofu and Veggies
Waiting for the Company!


Set and ready to go

Excited.



So mature.


Trying to be like Sex and the City - fail.


and laughing about it after.

No comments: