Nov 9, 2013

7 month update


Lentils


Scarlet's 'sitting' is getting better and better.  Occasionally, I worry that she will fall back too hard on her head but thankfully we have carpet in the upstairs media room where she plays. It helps to soften the fall.  I like to practice with her sitting between my lower legs so I can grab her if she decides to do a 'backdrop', but she still isn't able to sit for longer than five minutes on her own.

Naps have changed.  We're now down to two naps a day and they are very hit or miss ranging anywhere from 30minutes to and hour and a half.  I hear that it's because she is just more aware of her surroundings so she wakes easier and suffers a touch of anxiety if we're not there.  We've been 'training' her to fall asleep on her own, meaning we will put her down when she's still awake rather than bounce her on the bouncy ball till she's out.  She has a pacifier (which we're both not wild about) but we were really REALLY encouraged by both my Mom and my Mother-in-law to try to get her on one.  I guess it's much more difficult weaning kids from sucking their fingers than it is getting them to give up the soother - but every baby is different.  My Mom put tabasco sauce on my fingers to get me to stop and now I can't even smell the stuff without cringing.  Now that Scalret uses a soother she likes to sleep with one but will wake up to play with it too.  We prefer having it out and keep it for emergencies when we're out or just not able to get her down.  On the plus side of sleeping she is still out for the entire night.  She goes down at around 8:00ish and wakes at 7:00. So happy about this.

Scarlet eats solids three times a day and breast feeds four times a day.  We've dropped the night feed completely (THANK YOU GOD).  I feed her breast milk before offering the solids.  She started off with Rice Cereal and was less than impressed so we gave her sweet potatoes and yams and she went gaga over food.

Scarlet is a very good eater. She loves Avocado and Banana the best.  Here is a list of all the foods that we've done so far.  The blender and ice cube tray have been my B.F.F's lately.

Meats:  Chicken, Lamb and Salmon
Veggies:  Peas, Yams, Sweet Potato, Turnip, Parsnip, Carrot, Spinach
Fruit:  Banana, Apple, Avocado
Other:  Egg yolk, Lentils 

I usually give her two veggies in the morn, egg yolk or avocado in the afternoon and rice Cereal mixed with prune juice (cause it clogs them up) and a fruit for dessert.  She eats it ALL and I couldn't be happier.

Scarlet has had her third immunization shot and didn't even flinch - I'm not making this up.  We were prepped for massive crocodile tears like the last two times.  I even made Nate meet me for moral support, but Scarlet looked at the nurse while the needle was going in and was like; 'HEY!  What the heck?' and then moved on.  Best reaction ever.  She is currently in the 45% for weight and 50% for height.  

Still no hair, still no teeth, still the sweetest in my eyes.

No comments: