May 28, 2013

Did I just say Diapie?

How is my daughter's wardrobe better than mine?  She's 7 weeks old people!  Check some of it out on the W Style page.

I think it's because the very lovely Claire Willner held a beautiful shower for Scarlet and I (pictures soon) and then my parents held a Jack and Jill shower at their house about two weeks later.

Scarlet was properly spoiled and it just made me so happy to see that not only pink had exploded onto the scene in the nursery but labels like jeanbourget and Burberry are now gracing her closet.  Can a mother get a little of that action?

I'm thrilled to be on the other side of these parties though.  It is STRESSFUL planning for these days.  What will I wear to be able to nurse?  What will she wear?  Is the outfit cute and age appropriate?  Is my outfit age appropriate?  What time will she need to feed?  How many diapers should I pack?  Will she poop in Great-Aunt Lola's arms?  Will she have explosive poop in Great-Aunt Lola's arms?!  How do I work the car seat again?  Why the heck do they make them so complicated?!  Where is the diapie bag?  Did I just say Diapie?  My brain is being sucked out of my nipples every three hours - how am I doing as a mommy?!?!?!?!

But in the end, nobody even cares if she has boogers coming out of her nose, or if she vomited on their shoulder.  They just want to hold her or coo at her - which is totally fine by me.  Thank you to everyone who came out to both parties!  We were so happy to see everyone and it was wonderful visiting.


My best friend's Mom holding Scarlet at the Jack and Jill shower.  LOVE YOU AUNTIE SYLVIA! OX


No comments: