Jan 22, 2010

then we went along, got a little kitty and called him:


DR. MILO BUTTS


Dr. Butts is a character from the Shakespearean play King Henry VIII - the drama major in me couldn't resist.  The name Milo comes from a really cool old fat white dude that we met in the Bahamas.  He sold bananas and mangos on the side of the road on the island of Great Guana Cay.  Nate and I agreed that should we ever get a male kitty, we would name him after Milo.  


Our little guy was found on the fabulous website KIJIJI after many days and nights of searching.  We think he's a bit of a mix of ragdoll/ragamuffin and tabby mixed in there.  He's 8 weeks old and just teeny tiny.  I've almost stepped on him a few times and it's funny, he smells like fresh linen, cotton and dust combined.  I have always been a cat lover, in fact my first love Kassy is still alive and well at my parents place.  We didn't take her because she's treated like a princess with an extremely skitish personality and unfortunately, she never did love Nate.  However; secretly I know it would break my Dad's heart if he didn't have Kassy around their house.  


But back to Dr. BUTTS!  How can you resist a face like this one?  I mean - we knew we wanted a little sweetheart, but seriously, I didn't know they come in teddy bear.  He's the cuddliest little animal that I've ever come across.  So far, we've discovered that his likes include:  Burts Bees Lipbalm off of my lips, water from the bottom of granola cereal bowl and long naps on Nate's warm cozy lap.  His dislikes include: the air vents in the floor - he's scared of the air that comes out of them and being left alone for longer than three minutes.   

No comments: