Feb 8, 2009

Mom and Dad arrive!


Spending time with Mom and Dad has been incredible.  Nate and I were so happy to welcome them to our little home on the water even though the weather has been a bit chilly the last few days.  I am personally relieved that they both haven't ditched us and 'Jackie O' for a nice comfortable hotel room with running water, t.v and electricity.  The first night was especially hard for everyone as the waters in Treasure Cay were extremely rough and the winds were howelling!  It was on of the worst nights that Nate and I had experienced and my poor parents were exposed to that right off the bat.  Baptism by fire I guess.  At 4:00 in the morning I was up in the cabin worrying about the two of them.  Dad heard me stirring and called out; "Don't fret about us Kate, we're acting like Boy Scouts!!".  Mom was encouraging me not to worry either and said that she was fine; but secretly, I knew that she was being polite.  She was also trying to deal with the fact that all of the windows and doors were closed in their tiny cabin.  She suffers from severe claustrophobia as well.  


     We're all looking forward to a change in the weather.  Tonight we plan on going out for Pizza, enjoying a 'sundowner' (Ma will have a Diet Coke with Rum), and then we'll watch the bright red sun quietly slip into the turquoise waters.  Sigh... It is such a gift being able to share this experience with family and I must admit that the groceries that they insist on purchasing aren't so horrible either.  We'll stay in Treasure Cay for a few more nights, and then we'll sail off to Great Guana Cay. 




No comments: