Feb 16, 2009

From Sea to See


It is with mixed feelings that Don and I bid farewell to Jackie 0 today, Thursday Feb 12 2009.  After ten days, having fallen to sleep with gentle rocking and the sound of lapping waves, and awakening to the smells of fresh perked coffee and cinnamon sprinkled oatmeal, we head home.

     I came on board with very real fears -not of the water but of the confinement as I have struggled for years with claustrophobia.  The thought of closing the hatch over my head after descending seven steps into a hold nearly prevented me from coming.  But with the help of the Captain, the Admiral and the first Mate, I did not spend even one night under the stars.

     Among the things I'm going to miss are Kate's morning smile, her companionship, our daily constitutionals, long talks, sun-downers and hugs not to mention her amazing gourmet meals prepared lovingly everyday and night on three burners with two pots and one pan.  I'm going to miss Nate's quiet confidence as Captain of our vessel, his daily care-taking of his wife and his ship, his patience with his in-laws and his knowledge of all things necessary for safe and satisfying ocean living.  

     We wish our children the best in all things as they sojourn on for several more months learning life lessons that many of us, much longer in the tooth, are only now 'getting'.  Savor the moments as they are, right here, right now.


Many thanks Kate and Nate

-love Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Wicked Weilands said...

The pleasure was all ours Mom and Dad. We love you and miss you already.

Love The Weilands
xo