Dec 7, 2016

Dirty dirty makeup brushes

It’s embarrassing to say how long it’s been since I last cleaned my makeup brushes.  I’ve read that it should happen for concealer and foundation brushes at least once a week is necessary to prevent buildup and that brushes around the eyes should be cleaned twice a month.

Let’s just say that never happens in this house. 

But today, it occurred to me that perhaps one of the reasons (besides being pregnant) that I’m getting small breakouts is because I haven’t been taking care of my brushes properly.  It’s legitimately been about three months (cringe) since these babies have been washed, so a cleaning was well overdue.


I thought it would be fun to do a little blog post about it and show what I do with the products that I use to get the tools extra soft and fluffy after a good rub down.  Hope you enjoy!
 
This brush is in need of some serious S.O.S 

My hero! 
I can't even tell you how great it smells... (you can get the combo at Sephora)

The soap comes with this little pink scrubber that works like a dream.




I like to lay them flat to dry on a paper towel for a few hours before I fluff them up with my blow-dryer.   (Talk about spoiled, my poor husband doesn't even get that kind of treatment).  Laying them down like this prevents water from getting deep into the wand and causing brush hairs to fall out.  
The finished product!


Hope you have a great day friends XO

No comments: