Nov 10, 2015

1 Year Old!

Will’s ONE YEAR update!!!

Personality:
Chill Will.  My little heartbeat.  He has been through so much in this first year of his life and handled it like an absolute pro.  We have a sweet, charming, charismatic, smart, loving, cuddly little guy who just couldn’t be any more of a blessing if he tried.  

Sleep:
Will is horribly addicted to the breast and nursing so he still wakes once in a while to feed.  Nate goes in to put him back to bed but Will absolutely lets us know when he just wants his mommy (and her twins).  I give in here and there just so we can all get a restful night.  I really need to start weaning him from it though.  Scarlet was done at this point - she and I were both pretty much over it.  But I know it will be a bit of a challenge for William - especially since he might be our last babe.  I will have a hard time letting breastfeeding go too.

Physicality:
He has graduated from 23 hours out of the day to half time in the brace so he has been crawling, standing, shifting, moving, EVERYWHERE!  It’s exhausting!  I forgot how much work it was…

Food:
He’s still nursing and eats solids four or five times a day.  
I can’t believe he’s a YEAR!.  Birthday party is planned, invites are out and we’re gearing up for a full house of kids and people this weekend.  Will’s favourite food is chicken, veggie and brown rice casserole.  He gobbles it up like no tomorrow.  His second favourite is pasta in mushroom sauce.  He is such a little savoury fan.  I’m actually concerned that he may just scoff at his birthday cake on the day, but his older sister Scarly won’t have any issues helping him out in that department





Me 1 Year postpartum

How are you feeling?
Good.  Excited about this party and looking forward to CHRISTMAS!

Any weight loss?
I’m at 105.  It’s bad.  I really don’t have too much of an explanation except that I have been dancing up an absolute storm.  I’m literally dancing for two hours straight and then eating like a horse in my spare moments.  I really have been struggling with weight - not with the amount I’m eating but with keeping and maintaining a healthy range.  My personal range as mentioned before is anywhere from 110-120 so this is below where I want and need to be.  Scarlet and I both had physicals done at our new doctor (which is closer to home) and the doc even pointed out she didn’t want me loosing anymore.  I explained to her how much I eat and what my day looks like and she said to pay close attention because it also becomes a matter of bone loss in women my age.  So, she’s put me on a prenatal pill (not for any other reason than to keep the good stuff up) and I need to be better.  Like, I NEED to.

Best moment this week?
 Haha - ok this isn’t really the best one but it was good.  I went to bed right after the kids went down rather than stay up late with Nate and watch Netflix (like we always do).  I fell asleep at 7:30 and slept all night till the next morning at 6:30!!!  I haven’t done that since…immmm. ever?  It was good and needed.

What are you looking forward to? 
Seeing all of our friends at the PARTY! 

Have a fantastic day friends!
Kate 

XO

No comments: